Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does your dog watch TV?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by metaldog, Jan 8, 2012.

1. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Bizkit is watching a programme on Animal Planet called Too Cute which follows litters of puppies from birth. He was relaxing and watching it and then it showed the Labrador puppies playing in slow motion and he sat straight up and stared at it very intently. He's so funny.

Pippi and Shannow never watch TV but Bizkit loves Animal Planet. :lol:

What's your dogs favourite TV show?

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Ooo Willow loves TV, she likes Meerkat Manor and anthing with dogs on it.

3. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

Ours aren't really fussed, but my OH's dad has a 7 year old GSD and she really enjoyed watching Turner and Hooch at Christmas...
    Naomi x

4. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

Yep! Nicky watched the whole of Turner and Hooch tonight with me. He loves Pingu and Wildlife Programs as well! :D

Keeps him quiet for a while anyway. :arf:

5. Honey Bee

Honey Bee PetForums VIP

Yes quite often. I'm not sure she has a favourite show but she just watched most of Sherlock Holmes. She likes some of the animal ones too. I think she watches it far too much. :lol:

6. tiggerthumper

tiggerthumper PetForums VIP

He appears to at times, it's more if the TV makes a noise he's attracted to then he will sit for a while and watch intently. I would love to be able to see what they see on TV through their eyes though, I am sure it is so different to what we see.

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Both Hannah and me were fascinated by the tv today. It was Greystokes the Tarzan film....
    she was captivated by the chimpanzees and I was captivated by Christopher Lambert in a loin cloth!!:lol:

8. Tula&Iver~cavs

Tula&Iver~cavs PetForums VIP

Iver loves watching anything with animals on it :)

After I took this pic he was looking behind the TV to see where they went :lol:

[​IMG]

9. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Never known a dog for watchng TV like Nanuq, not only does she actually sit there and watch certain ones, most of dog orientation. She knows all the ads with dogs in and wherever she is hears the signature tune comes in sits and watches iit then goes off again Favourites included the Dulux Ads, the Bank one with the piggy banks and the china sheepdog figure that runs about??
    Dont ask:scared: and various others.:D

10. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

She doesn't usually watch it, but she will bark at dogs barking on tv and also things like people knocking on doors :rolleyes:

The only programme she's ever actually watched was some sheep dog trials - she was transfixed!!! :lol:

11. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Tummel watches anything, last night he was watching Shrek with me!!!

He's a very clever lad, he gets really upset when he hears a baby cry on the telly but seems to know that the dogs on it aren't real and never gets interested in them!!!

12. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

My dad was amazed when he first heard Kenzie barking at dogs on the TV. He said his old Goldie never did, so he assumed that it was something to do with the processing of sound for TV that made them not sound like real dogs. But again, Kenzie's not the brightest crayon... :lol:

13. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

yes he watches everything!!!

but the best thing he did was watching tennis, when roger federer was serving he took his wimbledon tennis ball over to him on the tv and dropped it, as if to say here it is.

i think he really likes him because whenever he was talking on tv he runs over to listen!!!!!

good job we didnt name him rafa nadal!

14. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Did anyone see 'The Woman With 700 Cats'?
    That was...interesting. :rolleyes:

When our Bulldog was alive he lunged at a lion on the tv and pushed it off the unit, thank goodness there's a wall behind it!

15. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Remy will turn his head and whine at any animal noise on TV...
    Oscar is great fun to watch if one man and his dog are on.. You can jsut see him looking for the sheep he will even run off to the window and peer outside when he hears the whistle..

Ive only seen Benny react once... There was film of a hunt and as the huntmaster blew the horn he lept up onto the back of the chair and went into full baying mode...

Hes never repeated the performence..

16. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

Maddie can watch tv all day! :rolleyes: SHe likes all animal programmes, and when watching other stuff, shae can recognise the 'baddies' and has a go at them!! :rolleyes:

Here she is getting her fix of animals on, I think it was Countryfile one Sunday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. toffee44

toffee44 PetForums VIP

Since getting a big TV Dylan love watching TV, he does get quite worried if there is a fight or raised voices.

He loves wildlife programmes though and pretty much does was Maddie ^^ does. He was intrigued by country file too, but had spent all afternoon with my friends old thyme bull dog playing chase and he was falling asleep sitting up bless him, still such a baby.

18. springfieldbean

springfieldbean PetForums VIP

Sherlock likes animal programmes too - his favourite so far was One Man and His Dog, which he was glued to for the whole thing.

He also enjoyed Bolt, even though it was animated!

So, he enjoys watching some TV, and if he's not watching it he will look up at it if he hears a dog bark or other animal noises, but he doesn't ever bark himself or go up to the screen, so he obviously realises it's not real!

19. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

thought id add the pic from the other day when he was obsessing with roger federer, it must be love!!

Attached Files:

20. Cloud&JaysMum

Cloud&JaysMum PetForums Senior

Skye is only interested when there is animals on screen and then that is only to bark at them :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice