Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does your dog like sleeping with a pillow?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by McKenzie, Feb 3, 2012.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Ok this is going to sound really strange!

Kenzie sleeps on the bed at night, lucky girl. I've noticed that she loves sleeping with a 'pillow' - if I put my pjs or clothes on the bed she'll curl up with her head on them (it's not a scent thing as she'll do it with clean clothes too). Her favourite style of doggy bed is a donut one as she can rest her head on the side.

Does anyone else's dog like a pillow? I'm thinking of getting a tiny cushion for her to use on the bed so I don't have to feel guilty pulling my pjs out from under her when I need to put them on :eek:

Like this! (Sorry for the terrible quality, I only had a little lamp on)

[​IMG]

#1 McKenzie, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

When OH is away I let the dogs in the bed and Dave sleeps with his head on OH pillow :D

And if I've had a kip on the couch and my pillow is still there Xiva lies ON it! :lol:

Dixie likes to rest her head on me when she curls up next to me but she's never used a 'pillow' :)

I think you should get Kenzie her own pillow it would be really cute.

3. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Sometimes she does, she'll find something and prop it up so she can rest her head on it :D

4. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Yes :) Clover shares my pillow. I say share, she normally ends up with it actually :D

5. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

Yes, the girls in our bedroom have a race to get on my dise of the bed at the top, on the pillows when I am on nights, lol!

Magnum still sleeps on the floor at my side with his 'blankie' - my old dressing gown. :rolleyes: And woe betide one of the otehrs if they try to nick it, lol lol!! :scared:

6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Depends what you mean by 'pillow', is that another word for my foot? As if so, then yes, Bob loves sleeping with a pillow:rolleyes:;)

7. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Florence always uses cushions from the sofa to rest her head on and if forced to sleep on the floor, she'll pull down a cushion and use that :)

8. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

Well this thread has definitely proved the brigade who call animals stupid wrong! :D

9. speug

speug PetForums VIP

yep - Angus is another of those soft lumps that has to rest their head on something soft. I often wake up to find a little black and white head on the pillow beside me and during the day he'll find a towel or blanket and carefully arrange it before sleeping on it.

10. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

yes!!!!!

alfie jumps on my bed and sits at the top lying on the pillows.

at night i always drop them off the bed and he lays next to it and i find his head on my pillow that ive dropped!!

i wouldnt mind but his bed is comfier then mine!!

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Alfie likes to sleep like a person; head on a pillow, body under the covers.

He even has a side of the bed :eek:

12. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Lol yes Tummel loves having a pillow, this morning me and him were all cuddled up under the duvet, he loves having a pillow!!!

He also loves using me as a pillow, mainly my feet but he likes to snooze on my legs too :D

13. lotlot

lotlot PetForums VIP

Finlay always like to rest his head somewhere. Whether it's my foot, the side of his bed, a conveniently placed cushion :p hehe

14. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

yep kiva loves a pillow! she has one in her crate, and also prefers one on the couch for maximum comfort!!

been here 6 months and she's already started nicking the remote control too :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

15. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

Maddie isnt spoilt - much!! :p

[​IMG]

16. Rhiannon68

Rhiannon68 PetForums Member

Oz buries himself under pillows and cushions and gets quite grumpy if you move them. If I could figure out how to attach a chuffin picture I would post one of him

17. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

if you have a photobucket account just copy and paste the IMG code into your post.
    if not, when you are in the reply box there is a little paperclip along the top, if you hover over it it says attachments, click on that and you can upload pics from your computer ;)

18. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Evie sleeps with her head on a pillow, in between OH and me- its the warmest spot. Shes our contraceptive:thumbup:

19. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Mine dont use pillows in the bed, they prefer to just snuggle under the covers, but they do prefer donut beds and things to rest their heads on the rest of the time.
    In fact Im sure that is what they think Loofah dogs were created for!! Tiny pillows for tiny dogs!!LOL:rolleyes:

20. Superash

Superash PetForums VIP

Yes usually my head !!!:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice