UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marty and Flynn have never liked being groomed around the testicle area - not since being neutered. I wonder if there may be any nerve endings there - I mean we wouldn't know as humans don't have that op, or I don't know any that have. :eek:

The Mals have very thick fur in that area and obviously have to be combed or brushed when blowing their coat but neither are keen on being brushed there.

Anyone else with a neutered male find this?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Mines neutered but he has never reacted on the rare occasion I brush him all over. The only thing he dislikes is his back legs being picked up to check or clip his claws and will mouth quite hard sometimes!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
My two are neutered but never made a fuss about being brushed there.:eek:
They don't like the end of their tails or back of hind legs done which is where a lot of fluff collects.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Jake is neutered but his fur is short so no need to brush around that area :eek: However, he HATES getting the longer fur on his back legs done... he will sit down and refuse to stand. He also hates getting a certain bit along his body brushed where he cut his side badly (needed A LOT of stitches) so I go really gently over that part.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha - it's funny to see how many don't like their 'trousers' brushed. The Mals, including Kali are not too keen on their tails being brushed but they are very full so maybe it pulls but they are not bothered about their 'trousers' just their nethers!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Zach's quite happy to have his trousers brushed, but yes I think there must still be some sensation in that area...when towelling him down after a hosing or bath, Zach will almost try direct the towelling to that delicate area :eek::eek::eek:, but that might just be because he hates having his paws dried!!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
My grandparents had a Collie x who used to hate having his "trousers" done as well, how odd! He was neutered.

Mine politely tolerate being groomed, neither are keen on it. Scooter's intact so understandably jumps a bit if I accidently catch his plums when combing the longer fur around his backside! There's also a spot on his back where he'll shiver if I'm too rough with the slicker, always been like it :confused:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Can't really help with the grooming thing as Rufus has a short coat that doesn't need any grooming at all, but.. he has had 'the snip' and isn't sensitive in that area at all. My OH often teases him about his empty dangley ball skin and twiddles it and he doesn't care at all :)rolleyes: yes, I know.. I tell him off all the time about it!) Although Rufus does look a little mortified that he's being laughed at.. poor Boo :mad::

Maybe some neutered dogs don't like people in that area because the last time someone was messing with their bits, they got chopped off!! :eek:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Yep Grey hates it! But to be fair to thhe boy he apparently had an infection in the neuter site which the vet poked about and hurt him, so understandable really!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hmm - ears, bum trouser fur, leg feathers... just about everywhere. We have been taking Tilly to the groomers religiously every 4 weeks for 3 years to de-sensitise being groomed as she gets knots,she just has a twenty minute brush through & she a lot more relaxed about it now but wears a muzzle just in case!

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Missy is sensitive about her armpits - but then the skin is thinner there so I'm not suprised - and she doesn't like her bottom area being brushed cleaned.
She puts up with me grooming her in scilence though - she's a very good girl about being brushed etc.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm - ears, bum trouser fur, leg feathers... just about everywhere. We have been taking Tilly to the groomers religiously every 4 weeks for 3 years to de-sensitise being groomed as she gets knots,she just has a twenty minute brush through & she a lot more relaxed about it now but wears a muzzle just in case!
When my Mal 'pup' came back at two years old he was matted and I got him to allow me to groom with treats - lots of them ;) It was literally - brush, treat - brush, treat and in the end he LOVED being groomed. Remember that this was a big dog and I didn't really know what he'd be like so the treats were a Godsend.

I just took an amount out of his meals to compensate for the extra he was eating and he was a lovely trim boy. :)

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like a typical bloke Pogo! ;):D

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Dixie dislikes having the back of her back legs being brushed. If I stop for a second she will try and walk away.

Dave hates being brushed on his bum/end of his back with a wire brush but is fine with any other kind of brush there.

Don't know about the other 2, not brushed them.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Tummel loves being groomed, he's not keen on his tail being done and when I had a slicker brush he hated grooming but now I have a furminator, 2 combs(wide and fine toothed) and a rubber pad he loves grooming time!!!

He only gets a bath once or twice a year though as he hates them, he does get in the sea at least 3 times a week though so he never really needs washed :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.