Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

does your dog have a certain colour or anything goes?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by missRV, Sep 1, 2013.

1. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

While ordering Rosie's birthday presents, I was shocked with myself looking for purple toys. I looked through her box and realised that most of her things are either purple or Barbie pink. I've made a conscious effort to buy her some different coloured toys to break away from this little quirk I've developed :crazy:

Do you have a preferred colour for your dog? And if so what is it? Feel free to add pictures of your pooches with their co-ordinated accessories ;)

2. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

I've always preferred Royal Blue for Merlin as it suits his coat colour, but to be honest I prefer plain black, which also goes.

Rue had purple accoutrements for a while but she also suits plain black. However now I have my car - which is red - I bought two red leads to keep IN the car for emergency use, and have also found myself going towards red for their car harnesses etc as well.

3. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

We have virtually every masculine colour there is - not a drop of pink anywhere. :D

Predominant colours for dogs' toys are blue and red, some green and some orange.... .:D

4. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

When it comes to harnesses/collars then Broder is orange, Kindra is pink and Yla is turquoise. I don't bother with the colour of toys.

5. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

We're not fussed with toy colours here but each have their own colour and if they are getting something that doesn't have each of their colours - it comes in black.

6. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

She has got some different colour toys.... things like her kongs and her road kill animal toys which don't seem to come in purple are their own colour! She doesn't own a single blue or black toy (typical boy colours) lol.

Her new birthday toys are a multitude of colours so hopefully we'll break free from this :)

7. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

Ours just have whatever colours we fancy whenever we buy them something, they don't each have specific colours.

When we got their latest collars there was a choice of three colours so we just picked whichever one we thought suited each out of the three. Next time we'll probably pick totally different colours!!

The only thing that has to be a specific colour is Wybie's show lead which has to be white.

8. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

Throps purple, Hattie bright pink and Pru's blue coat goes lovely with baby pink. It mainly those but I don't stick to it religiously and toys can be any colour. It started as we bought luxury leads and made sense to have few collars to coordinate, Pru came with a pink collar so just added to it.

#8 2Hounds, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  9. littleangel01

littleangel01 PetForums VIP

toys come in any colour they prefer rope toys which tend to be multicolourd.

collars harnesses leads coats jumpers ect have there own colours :)

lexi tends to be black or dark red altho her working/show set is brown.

chaos is yellow mostly and her working set is tan.

10. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Toys colours are irrelevant here.

But collars leads and coats are a different kettle of fish. Bizkit wears mainly blue, black or yellow. Shannow wears red or brown. Pippi is mostly in pinks & purples but her and Shannow have matching brown raincoats. Bizkit hates wearing coats so has none but if he did he would have a matching one too.

Bizkit and Shannow both have a muddy brown harness but only because I bought one for Shannow which she chewed so I bought her a new one. After I got the new one I realised I could repair the chewed one, so I did and gave it to Bizkit. If I have to replace them they will get a red and a blue one :D

11. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

YELLOW!!!!!!!

The boys look rather sexy in yellow, if i do say so myself

missRV likes this.
  12. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

13. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Kilo is reds and oranges, Rudi Greens, blues, yellows :D. Easier to tell which dog is which at a distance and which dog's harness, collar etc is which when putting them on! Toy colours are irrelevant though here!

14. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Toys etc are any colour, although if they come in a variety of colours I usually choose pink, purple or red.

Things for her to wear tend to be red, sometimes pink :)

15. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Anything goes for toys :) most of them are from his pooch pack! :p

I was never bothered with colours but as times gone on, Rossi now has mostly blue gear, ravens is all red/pink and what I've brought for Runa is mostly and unintentionally silver & white!!

So yes, I guess they do have colours :p

16. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Brown, black or khaki :)

17. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

Dex's collars and leads, and his harness, are black - folk often think he's a girl :rolleyes: so I think black is a bit more 'manly'. He also has a royal blue collar and a brown one.

18. Tacey

Tacey PetForums Senior

April wears black or silver/grey :)

19. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I get bored of using one colour all the time :eek: I've just ordered her a black harness, that way i can mix and match collars and leads with it as black goes with everything.

She has a red/yellow indi dog collar .. a white/green Dublin dog collar .. a hot pink Lupine lead .. a red rope ancol lead .. a black long line and blue flexi so a mixture, at least they will all match her new black harness :D

20. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Kite suits turquoise, petrol, jade sort of colours, although her collar is brown leather. Ziggy is in red or black.

Toys, it doesn't matter. However, dogs see purple/blue colours better against grass with their more limited range of colour perception, so stick to purple toys if you like them, MissRV!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice