Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does your dog get a Easter Dinner too?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MajesticReptilez, Apr 25, 2011.

1. MajesticReptilez

MajesticReptilez PetForums Newbie

I was just wondering if any of you give your dog/s a Easter Dinner or any other holiday Dinner and if you do what does it concise of?

My dogs get Easter,Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner and it concise of turkey,ham, sweet potatoes,potatoes and mixed veggies with gravy all mixed together they do not get the stuffing because of the onions and garlic.

This day being Easter my dogs got Easter Dinner and they all loved it.
    Happy Easter everyone
    Mary

2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

No I would never give my dog anything like that, he's a dog not a human he is not designed to eat roast veg.

I may put a small amount of cooked meat with his kibble but that's as far as I would go, he does have raw carrot or cabbage sometimes as a treat, but never cooked.

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

No; he is a dog and has no human food at all bar some raw veggies, natural yoghurt, cheese as a training treat very occasionally (every few months). He has no concept of Easter, birthdays etc so won't feel left out if he doesn't get a dinner!! (Plus wouldn't want to deal with the digestive consequences :p).

Always feel a tad mean when I read posts on here though about meals, birthday cakes etcetc!

4. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Nopes not at all.
    They got a tiny bit of left over beef each yesterday...but that is as far as it goes. I learnt the hard way when Kai was a puppy that kai + brussell sprout = do not mix (i didnt give it to him btw, my little brother dropped it...on purpose!)

so no. they might get a frozen carrot/kong today...but thats cause its hot not cause its easter!

5. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

We had mcdonalds for tea yesterday...so no Brams didn't get any.

He does get left overs though, but not specific to any day, just if theres spare meat it goes to hm.

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

They all got a nice big roast dinner at xmas but I dont really celebrate Easter or Thanksgiving so sadly not.
    Although as me cooking a roast dinner only happens about once or twice a year I would probably give them some anyway as it would be a treat for all of us!!:eek:

7. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Oscar got the lamb bone from our tea last night, he loved it! Not strong enough jaws to actually crunch the bone, he just scrapes the meat off then leaves it :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice