UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
McKenzie had a good roll at the cow park this afternoon so she earned herself a bath :rolleyes: The good news is, while she still hates the bath, she's getting slightly better and not screaming as much as she used to, and I only got one big scratch this time :rolleyes:

She's always really funny after a bath and I'm wondering if all dogs do this, or if I just have a particularly nutty one :eek:

[youtube_browser]GJQx1rb5WC4&feature[/youtube_browser]

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Jenny does that too and so did my other dog so I assume it is perfectly normal.

Either that or I only own nutty dogs which could be a distinct possibility. Just like I have never owned a cat which likes catnip :lol:

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
Believe it or not, Oscar has taught us to put a special blanket on the bed for him simply because everytime he comes in from a walk in the pouring rain he makes a Bee-line straight for the bed to do exactly what Mckenzie does along the floor.

And before someone makes another comment about 'Stinking wet Dogs' and 'I wouldn't have them on my bed' when they come in all bedraggled and wet from the forests they actually smell of Pine. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What peculiar beings our dogs are!

I'd love to see a big dog doing this - someone has to video their big dog next time they get wet!!!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
What peculiar beings our dogs are!

I'd love to see a big dog doing this - someone has to video their big dog next time they get wet!!!
Not many wetter places than NI :yikes: so I'll try and remember. Having said that - it's a lovely morning again!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i cant get my jack russell into the bath:D hes a tazmanian devil but my rottie jumps in but afterwards charges around the house like a dog on illegal drugs;)
he then growls at the carpet then dives on it?

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
We have a worn spot on the carpet outside the bathroom where Harvey "dries his feet" after a bath. He does zoomies more than the rubbing on the carpet, I think. He's due a bath today so I'll try and have the camera ready :)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
All of ours have done this, when we had fabric couches they would rub against them too (4 big wet dogs and a cream fabric couch do not mix :yikes: ) I've always tried to dry them super well with a towel but it makes no difference :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Lola did that :) Walt just comes to you for a towel and blow dry! He loves the hair dryer!

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
All 3 of mine do it too :D

Although Missy is the queen of mad rubbing and rolling in this house :D

SHe not only rolls over thae carpet and other absorbant materials - she does it on the leather sofa :rolleyes:

She does it if she's been out in the rain, after a bath, been sprayed with the grroming spay to freshen her up and she even does is when she's perfectly dry but excited to see you - in which case she'll try to do it on you :D

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Yes,mine too.:D
I hose them down outside if they're dirty then dry them off with a towel.
Frank will then roll himself all over the garden and run around like a loon.
Freddie is a bit more reserved. He prefers a good old towel rub and a more dignified roll on the grass.

Mckenzie is so cute.love the way she shakes and her back legs go all wobbly.bless her.:001_wub:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Izzy prefers the "tumble dryer" method of drying off after a bath :D

[youtube_browser]aD_DDrLe1qs[/youtube_browser]

(this was after she'd already done the same thing on our bed, leapt downstairs in 2 bounds and already done zoomies around the living room! I stopped her after these though as she looked knackered!!)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Mine used to do that, not after a bath, because he was bathed by the groomer, but often after he'd eaten, and before I'd managed to grab the flannel and wiped his chops:D His favourite rubbing place was the sofa, but he'd also rub against the wall, or the hedge, and would rub on the carpet too - I always assumed he did it because he was happy:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.