Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Does my uromastyx lizard have scale rot or is he shedding? Please help I’m very worried!

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by EddieLizard, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Scale rot or shedding

1. Scale rot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Shedding

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EddieLizard

EddieLizard PetForums Newbie

Hi, please could you help me I’m a first time lizard owner and have never experienced either scale rot or shedding. He has dark scales very different from normal above his head yesterday and today he has more by his eyes. What can/should I do? He was very normal yesterday and today didn’t come out of his hide at all. When I took the hide out to check on him he didn’t really want to move but was alive and moved until I put the hide back. Please could I have some advice? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Sorry you havent had any replies. We don't have many reptile people here.
    @Acidic Angel might know.

3. Acidic Angel

Acidic Angel Your ego does not surpass your pets wellbeing

I wish I could help, but unfortunately I have very limited experience with lizards aside from geckos. I've not see anything like this.

I would recommend maybe a vet visit going by your description, that doesn't sound normal to me. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

kimthecat likes this.
  4. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice