Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does my dwarf hamster need a cage with tubes?

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by PeanutP, Mar 26, 2020.

1. PeanutP

PeanutP PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have had my dwarf hamster for a week. We have a pets at home cage with tubes. Peanut now uses the corner tube to sleep in. Should I remove the tubes?
    Also I wanted to make the cage even bigger, it’s a medium size cage, with plastic base and wire top. I have seen Habitrail ovo type cages can I add this to a normal wire top cage or would I have to modify the cage.
    Just love Peanut so much and want her to have as much space as possible.

2. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

Unfortunately adding modules is broken floor space so doesn't make it a lot bigger. Personally I'd get the Alaska cage off zooplus. Plenty big enough to start with.

What size wheel do you have? Dwarf hamsters need an 8 inch upright wheel. :)

3. Wendy Constable

Wendy Constable PetForums Newbie

Hey we have just got dwarf hamster from pets at home and bought their recommended cage - close up pic add to show him doing same thing. I just want to make sure he has big enough cage aswell. Just went with what we thought was expert advice ? Have you upgrade to anything or stayed with that same cage ?

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice