Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does Anyone Work from Home?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HighlandQuine, Jun 24, 2009.

1. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

I just wondered if any of the daytime posters on here work from home and if so what do you do, do you like it, how did you end up working from home?

I work from home and I do research and verbatim transcriptions for researchers. I used to be a researcher but got made redundant a couple of years ago and now do this. I love working from home and love the flexibility of working when I want to.

How about you? :)

2. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I do, I have a small B&B and only work during the summer months. I really don't enjoy it, the hours are good, the money is crap ( I only take people from one tour company ) I like being with the dogs all day but I miss the working environment. I'm also far to handy for my brats when they want my grandbrats babysat.

Terri

3. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

I work from home when I am not distracted by Pet Forum!!!

I also transcribe research interviews and telephone conversations and lots of medical legal stuff... it fits in great with the family and pets, although I do work long hours, but as it is flexible I can have an hour off here, an hour off there whenever I want!

Would be good to compare notes! PM me if you want !

Clare

4. HighlandQuine

Oh I'd love to run a B&B or a hotel/pub, that's my dream I think. Well, I like the sound of it anyway!

I don't miss my old working environment at all. all stress and sweaty people in smelly offices and bitching and so on. I'm much happier on my own with the cats and the dog.

5. HighlandQuine

Oh, a fellow transcriber!! PM on it's way! :)

6. petjeffery

petjeffery PetForums Member

hi there how easy is it to work from home and with out sounding noisei what sort of wage do you get
    what it is i am disabled and am at home all the time as i cant get out much is it some thing i would be able to do and how do you go about doing it hope you can help

7. HighlandQuine

Will PM you :)

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Wow, how do you get into this?

9. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Himself works from home....he runs his own business and has an office but doesn't bother going there very often Lol...

Wouldnt mind doing something myself, it's great having loads of free time but it can get a little boring. Wouldn't know what to do (job wise).

10. kustom

kustom Guest

i do web design and internet shops. i have emails mostly about internet shops seems everyone wants to run one from home. i am just in the middle of building a site for a woman who runs her own dog rescue but doing it for free and the hosting for free just to help out a bit :)

11. HighlandQuine

Like most things in my life, I kinda stumbled upon it! :D there's lots of internet sites out there looking for typists, you need to be pretty fast though, try Googling and see if anywhere is hiring! :)

12. petjeffery

petjeffery PetForums Member

hi there how much do you charge i have tryed to set up my own one here it is
    peter jeffery's woodturning - home page but dont seem to be having much luck with it im am trying to set up a club and to help other disabled people to give them something to look forward to

13. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I used to work from home, but I find it REALLY hard to concentrate on work at home! In the office i'm in 'work' mode and just get on with my job and don't stop. At home i'm in 'Relax' mode, I used to get distracted by the Wii or my OH or the TV. If i had a study or office that might have made a difference.

14. Poppy09

Poppy09 PetForums Senior

I'd love to work from home! Im job hunting now but theres not much about... :-(

15. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Sort of Im a full time carer so Im in & out throughout the day but often have my mum at my house, also care for my son & daughter wno both have medical problems from home.

16. claire

claire Guest

I did work at home but im glad i dont now, i found very stressful

17. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I mostly work from home for hubby, but sometimes am called into the office if someone out of admin is sick or on hols and they're busy. Mostly I just go in in January for the tax returns month. On top of this do the school runs for grandmonster as eldest dont earn enough to pay childcare.

18. pennywise

pennywise PetForums Member

I would love to work from home but doing what I dont know! I work part time but am on sick leave at the mo :eek:

19. Melysia

Melysia PetForums Member

I'd love to know where people get these jobs!

It seems to be a secret club, I understand that most of the adverts are scams but if things are legit then I don't know why people are so reluctant to share what truth they know about working from home with regards to the REAL ads on the net. I'm not talking about this specific thread but I've been on the homeworking forum and it's very much the same thing. Most of the jobs are fake and that's about all they do tell you!

20. Melysia

Melysia PetForums Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice