Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone remember the 'proper' Liverine unction?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by lipsthefish, Apr 14, 2012.

1. lipsthefish

lipsthefish PetForums VIP

I remember when hubby and I got our first dog together almost 20 years ago the vet sold us a tub of liverine unction, it was in a flat round blue tub and was like a red wax. It was fantastic stuff, used it on any sores, cuts, anything really. Then it just seemed to disappear, I've recently searched online for it but can only find big tall tubs and I'm not sure if it is the same stuff :confused:

Anyone know if the original is still made and where to buy it?

TIA :)

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Never heard of it but just looked it up :D
    Other people say it's changed, but still good :)

3. lipsthefish

Thanks :D I never read any reviews (off to Google) it was really great stuff!

4. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

I use this after being recommended by the pet shop. I have never seen the old stuff but this is a reddy pinky colour and waxy/gell like. Am not sure if that helps really :huh:

5. lipsthefish

Thanks :) It sounds like the same stuff, could I ask where you bought it please?

6. Johollett

Johollett PetForums Newbie

It is the same ointment in that it works just as well but it is pink in colour rather than the vibrant red it used to be. Hope this helps.

7. Blondey

Blondey PetForums Junior

Does anyone have a link for this please. Our family used it for years, used the last of my tin, can't find it anywhere. The nice part is they can lick it off and the licking aids healing. Thank you

8. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

I know this is an old thread but just came across it whilst searching again and realised I hadn't answered. I get mine form my local pet shop ( http://www.animalmagicpetshop.co.uk/ ) who do online and I think you can get it direct ( http://liverine.co.uk ). Still use it regularly.

9. Ozzie 5

Ozzie 5 PetForums Newbie

10. Ozzie 5

Ozzie 5 PetForums Newbie

Yes I remember Liverine I still have some and my dog has a nasty cut on his leg but I've had it a long time so I'm afraid to use it on him in case it's to old and out of date but I'm going to see what our vet Say's tomorrow .I know it's good stuff do you think it will have a use by date ?

11. Dennisparkes75

Dennisparkes75 PetForums Newbie

I was an instructor at staff's police dog training school. We used to visit the north staff's hunt kennels and the master of the hounds Derek Stockton, used to treat the hounds with this cream, he used to say it would put hair on a billiard ball.

Hopes this helps. See the photo below.

Dennis.

Attached Files:

12. redmane44

redmane44 PetForums Newbie

I used mine for over 20 years, and it worked fine to the last drop. I would give anything to get it again, but I believe the company is no longer in business.

13. redmane44

Do you by any chance know of any place that might still have some stock of this? I have been searching for it for almost 15 years.

14. JasonPefki

JasonPefki PetForums Newbie

I still have the original blue tin from the 60's or maybe 50's! Am using the last of pink unction on my cat who the vets would have on steroids. It's still performing. Will definitely buy the latest when I run out. It's online.X

15. redmane44

Wait, what do you mean it's online? I've not been able to find it anywhere. Looks like the company is no longer active, can you tell me where you found it?

16. JasonPefki

JasonPefki PetForums Newbie

hi darl. can't get original anymore. It's clear ointment now. Just make sure it's precipitated Sulphur BP 19o/o per cent.
    It's no longer pink or sticky. Precipitated Sulphur BP 19o/o per cent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice