Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

does anyone NOT think this is cruel?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shamen, May 16, 2010.

1. Shamen

Shamen Guest

its a video about 'Lion Man':rolleyes: Craig Busch and its the footage with the cub and the young lion being dragged around on the lead that im talking about.

YouTube - lionman Craig Busch part one

2. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

personally i dnt think its cruel. from wat i have seen of the show i cud see some very happy and content cats. you cud see alot of respect from both craig for the cats and vice versa.

and if the cats didnt wanna be put on the lead and walked around im sure they'd make that clear. i certainly wudnt be arguin with a lion whether it was time for walkies

3. hawksport

hawksport Banned

There's a lot of respect at 1:50 when he hits the cub so hard it falls down crying

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Sure great handler smacking a cub. He also bonds them solely with him how is that safe if anyone else in the park has to handle them? He shouldn't be allowed near any animal let alone big cats

5. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

i dont think theres any need to walk a lion round on a lead. putting people in danger and its not natural.

6. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

But but it's for conservation really to make them act and walk them around. Not to get money or anything honestly

7. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

You can't see the person's face - so we don't even know if it's him..

The video shows a different side to the lion man, but he does do alot to raise awareness about big cats through the program.

Cesar M's isn't exactly nice to animals either.

8. Shamen

Shamen Guest

so would you wouldnt think that was cruel if someone did that to your pets then?:confused:

9. hawksport

hawksport Banned

10. Shamen

Shamen Guest

well i saw his face:confused: conservationists think hes an absolute disgrace! all he does is degrade and exploit wild animals!

and i agree CM can be cruel as are a lot of people but i dont get your point!:confused:

11. Shamen

Shamen Guest

12. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

the footage is poor quality and grainy...it showed a dark haired man. Really that could have been anyone.

13. Shamen

Shamen Guest

oh okay then:confused: so what about the clip of him dragging the lion who wont stand up and kicking it in the head, is that Not cruel either then? or the declawing of his big cats what about that?

14. hawksport

hawksport Banned

It shows the x quite clearly who doesn't even look up and someone who looks suspiciously like him hitting the cub but from that I couldn't swear it was him

15. Shamen

Shamen Guest

maybe he got someone to dress up like him and hit the cub then whilst his ex was watching;)

do you think my other 2 examples are cruel though?

16. malibu

malibu Guest

I used to like him now I truly think he is vile.

17. Helloween19

Helloween19 PetForums Junior

he doesn't really sound/seem like a very nice guy, does he? Those poor big cats!

I watched the program a while ago and was put off him as soon as they started going on about breeding white tigers though :mad: that's hardly conservation!! It all seemed to be about making money at the expense of the animals :(

18. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Yes I do but without wanting to sound like I agree with what he does if the lion were to catch a zebra or whatever it would get shook about and kicked a lot more than that.
    I can't realy see the educational value of a trained lion and with computer generated graphics and animatronics I cant see any need for them to be handled

19. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

Whether it is him or it isn't, the way the lion is being pulled about and smacked says cruelty to me. :( But where celebs are concerned, their star sucking fans tend to be so obsessed that they have cruelty-blindness and therefore do not see video evidence in the same way as the rest of us who are a little more objectve about such things to say the least.

The 'Lion Man' is an entertainment programme made for TV audiences. It's not 'real' in the sense that you get the full 'picture' of a persons methodology or their personality. :001_cool:

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Who cares who it is, that poor lion :(

Waterlily likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice