UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Owned by 4 cats :)
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone chooses to make gifts for people for Christmas/birthday etc and if so, what do you make? I enjoy crafting (mainly cardmaking and occasional scrap booking) but have been thinking that I may try my hand at something new this year.

Any ideas or tips?

Huge thanks :D :D xx

·
Registered
64 Posts
hello good morning!

have a look on pintrest under diy and crafts there are always some great ideas,
I enjoy making hampers for peoples including little things that they enjoy along with jars of homemade sweets and chocolates (always goes down well) in the hampers I always include something personal such as photos I have taken through out the year of family members for a nice personal touch, and it's not to pricey :)

I'm also quite an avid sewer so like to make home furnishings such as pillow cases, bedding, door hangers and pet cushions, I'm learning to make pjs at the mo.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I make crocheted jewellery. I crochet the chains and make my own beads and buttons. Knitted and crocheted clothes, scarves etc. Started making some quilled cards. I've also made needle felted gifts. Oh and knitted dolls for my kids and nieces. Love making things and they last years.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
I haven't done this year but last year I made quite a few bits, I made bunting and put all my nieces/nephew names on it, they also had a little hanging room tidy and I made scarfs and snoods for my sisters/mother in law and my Mum, I am going to knit a hat for my best friend baby who is due just before christmas and if I have time his older sister may get one two :D

Cute Elf Hat
Outerwear Baby & toddler clothing Textile Cap Sleeve

Attachments

·
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hello good morning!

have a look on pintrest under diy and crafts there are always some great ideas,
I enjoy making hampers for peoples including little things that they enjoy along with jars of homemade sweets and chocolates (always goes down well) in the hampers I always include something personal such as photos I have taken through out the year of family members for a nice personal touch, and it's not to pricey :)

I'm also quite an avid sewer so like to make home furnishings such as pillow cases, bedding, door hangers and pet cushions, I'm learning to make pjs at the mo.
Good morning :D

Hampers sound lovely as do the homemade sweets and chocolates ;)

Well have a look at Pinterest thank you.

Any pics of the things you have made??

Thank you again

·
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I make crocheted jewellery. I crochet the chains and make my own beads and buttons. Knitted and crocheted clothes, scarves etc. Started making some quilled cards. I've also made needle felted gifts. Oh and knitted dolls for my kids and nieces. Love making things and they last years.
Oh wow that sounds fantastic. Not heard of crocheted jewellery before.

Love knitted dolls :D :001_wub:

·
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't done this year but last year I made quite a few bits, I made bunting and put all my nieces/nephew names on it, they also had a little hanging room tidy and I made scarfs and snoods for my sisters/mother in law and my Mum, I am going to knit a hat for my best friend baby who is due just before christmas and if I have time his older sister may get one two :D

Cute Elf Hat
View attachment 100735
I love handmade scarves etc and just adore knitted hats and cardi's for babies :001_wub: :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm actually in the middle of doing some today so I will pop up some pics when I'm done :) happy crafting, I love doing it when days are a bit miserable as it always makes me smile when I'm done, plus it keeps the OH happy as he gets all the spare chocs and sweets :)

·
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm actually in the middle of doing some today so I will pop up some pics when I'm done :) happy crafting, I love doing it when days are a bit miserable as it always makes me smile when I'm done, plus it keeps the OH happy as he gets all the spare chocs and sweets :)
Lol must admit I'd probably eat the sweets before they made it into a gift lol

Looking forward to seeing the pics. Happy crafting :) :D

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
I dont make pressies myself, but Im very lucky that Ive got tallented friends, I have a friend who doesnt like to blow her own trumpet so I wont tell you that its Zany Toon ;) and she has made me these pressies, amoungst others :)

And I also have a friend, lets just call her Lav shall we ;), and she makes me teeny tiny little knitted teddys :)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.