Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone know of any dog rescues...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lauren5159, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

That would benefit from all my junk lol...

[​IMG]

I've been having a clear out and didn't want to just throw all this stuff out.

There's a Danish Designs (small) 2-in-1 dog coat, matching puppy collar and leash set, a collar with matching leash (leash is suitable for any size of dog), puppy pads (opened but never used), Animology puppy shampoo, tea tree shampoo, a clicker, food supplements, training treats, a small nylon padded harness, a bag (not-opened) of Fish4Dogs Superior Puppy kibble, large water bowl and a large food bowl... I may have missed out a few things but if anyone can pass me on the details of a rescue or someone who would benefit from all that stuff, can you let me know :)

I've also just came across a puppy bed and a few blankets I'm going to wash and throw in. Also a couple of YellowDog UK 'I Need Space' bandanas and ribbons :)

Thanks x

#1 Lauren5159, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Do you have a dogs trust near you they would love all this stuff

3. Lauren5159

I called them but they were rather sharp on the phone to me...

The woman said they don't usually accept food bowls and what not, for some reason. So I was thinking of a more independent rescue that would appreciate it a bit more :)

4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Have you got a local council run place near you. Mine take things like food, blankets and bowls, in fact most things probably no need for the puppy pads but you never know.

My local greyhound rescue takes most things too, can be beneficial to fosterers if they need an additional items as well.

If no joy, is there any local charities that run market stalls selling bric-a-brac. It might not be an animal related charity, but any money raised would go to a good cause.

5. Lauren5159

I got in touch with a rescue that I follow on FaceBook... They have a stray dog who has just had a litter of puppies and they have a few small dogs that would benefit from it all. Smthe woman who got back to me was lovely and so appreciative so I'm going to send it all to them :)

That's my good deed for the month lol.

6. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Well its definitely worth while giving them charity. Well done you for recycling them, the best way you can.

7. Wayne01

Wayne01 PetForums Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice