Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

does anyone know anything about these,....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by clairescunny55, Jul 3, 2009.

1. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

When we moved house the previous owner left loads of furniture which we are trying to get rid of. Amongst them were these 2 gorgeous tables, can anyone tell me anything about them? What type of wood, what era and if they are worth anything? There are a few similar on ebay going for a few hundred so wanted to check!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are in brilliant condition, obviously been well looked after. But they certainly dont seem the thing to be made nowadays. They look well made, a lot of hard work has gone into them

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh wow they're stunning.
    Mahogany perhaps?

3. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I don't really know much about them, but my nan brought one very similar once and all I know is that it cost her a fortune. I hope you can find some one that knows something about them :)

4. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

OMG.. i want that table in the 1st pic.. at a good price of course.. its stunning!!!

5. borderer

borderer Guest

cant realy tell from pics but they are nice put them in auction or maybe ebay they are very nice i think they may be worth keeping:D

6. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

There's a special name for tables like that but i'll be b***red if i can remember what it is.

Why on earth would they leave them? Was it deliberate or a mistake?

Have you got any antiques shops in your area that you can enquire about them with? & then stick 'em on ebay cos you may get a better price. Although it sounds like 3 red dogs wants first dibs.

7. They look to me to be european! not old , and not solid! almost certainly veneer! and the inlay is NOT inlay! - maybe around 1990-2000! not worth a lot and would not have cost a great deal when new!

hope I have not upset anyone!!! I could be wrong!!! but don't think so!

DT

8. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

you can have it! dunno how much to ask though im so confused. The previous owners of our house passed away and left almost everything herefor £500. They are gorgeous but not my style! Might put them on ebay see how much interest they get:confused:

9. borderer

borderer Guest

do agree dt but sometimes hard to tell would like to see them:D

10. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

I have to agree with DT here, if it had of been solid wood that would of been a good start and the inlay needs to be different pieces of wood put in seperately by hand, also check how the stand is put together with the top of the table, if it has screws in it then not worth much , nice tables but maybe get someone in the know to give them the once over if not sure.

11. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

i would estimate the dates of around the 1980's for the bottom table and perhaps a littler earlier for the top one. Reproductions.

12. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

If you have a local auction room take them along and see what they say. The tables don't look all that old to me - the inlay is too brightly coloured, it would have faded with age even if they were kept out of sunlight. Hope you get a good price for them anyway :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice