Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone here do parchment craft

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rosie64, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Parchment craft is something I would like to try my hand at and have heard that
    using a tumble dryer sheet on a project helps the tool glide over the parchment easier .
    Do you use a fresh one or a used one, I have tried googling it but can not find the answer .
    I am hopeless at researching on line so if any one can help I would be very grateful

thank you in advance for any and all replies and advice

2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I’ve done a bit of parchment and I have heard of the tumble dryer sheet trick, can’t remember whether it’s used or unused, but didn’t use it and managed ok. I can’t quite remember what I did use, I know there was something I did to stop the ball pen from sliding too much and not following the lines, I think I rubbed something on but can’t remember what. Sorry I’m not being at all helpful. I’ll have a look at my cache of stuff and see if I can find anything, not sure when this will be done as it’s freezing in the room where I keep it all:Bored

3. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Thank you for your response

4. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I’ve had a bit of a google and like you I see no one seems to specify whether they are used or not. I almost sure they are not used sheets as you are using the substance on the sheet rather then when it’s all washed out. Also as no one seems to state they are used sheets, then I thinks it’s safe to assume it’s pre use

5. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

This is what I initially thought too , but dryer sheets are quite moist and moisture warps parchment , oh well will just have to try it and see what happens
    Thank you for your help in looking for the answer

6. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

HarlequinCat likes this.
  7. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Thank you, you have been a big help ,at least now I know it has to be a dry one which I didn't know before
    Will try drying out a new one without putting it in the dryer, hopefully it will keep it's lubricating properties

ForestWomble likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice