Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone have/had this mobile phone?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tigerneko, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

The Sony Ericsson K850i

[​IMG]

I am looking at buying this phone (although I will have to get second hand cos none of the phone shops sell it on Pay as You Go any more :() and I would like to know if anyone has any personal experience of it :)

I want to sell the phone I have now because I will get about £140 for it and it will help my bank balance to look a bit nicer ;) plus, the phone I have now is just too fancy for me.... it's all touch screen and I hate it with a passion! I was looking at getting this Sony phone before I got my touchscreen and i'm just annoyed with myself for not getting it :rolleyes:

So, does anyone know anything about this phone? I want good and bad points please, all the hairy details :D :D

noushka05 likes this.
  2. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

the games are well cool ;D
    and if you get the free msn in your contract thats really really good too.
    other than that i dont know much as i only used my friends to do those two things hehe

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I'll be getting it on PAYG so that I can put my contract sim card into it, cos i've got another year left on my contract but I hate the phone :( and apparently I can sell the phone if I like, it's not tied into the contract or anything :)

but I do get internet included in my contract so I might be able to get MSN on it :D

4. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

My OH had one and had nothing but problems. It would freeze a lot then lose all his texts etc, anything not saved to the memory card apparently. And the touch screen button went. My manager and a colleague at work also had the phone and hated it having to keep sending it off to get repaired

5. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

My OH's dad used to have one, he kept it for about a week and then returned it, he felt the only thing it had going for it was the camera, to physically use it was too much of a pain.

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

My son had 1. He had the touch phone as a contract phone for christmas but it was stolen at school.We paid £100 for the k850i second hand.

He says it was a great phone the only time he had a problem with it was when it froze up once. We took it back to the shop and the man said it was because the cover was missing of the bottom when you talk condensation goes into the phone. He dried it out and he had no problem with it again.

The only reason he has changed it now is because it was a 6 month contract that has now run out so he's taken out a new contract and had a Samsung Tocco for £20 a month with free internet, Free texts and 200 free minutes. I've carried on his old contract and got the same phone and the same deal but he has kept the old number and I have got his new number. He loves his ericson and still keeps it and has it as a spare I think he has now put his old orange pay as you go sim in it.

7. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I've got this one - I think it's great easy to use. Never had any problems with it freezing.
    The photo quality is really good as well, as good as any point and shoot digital camera.

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone :)

i've read a few reviews about them that say they freeze, but I think that's a chance you take with any phone....I might risk it and go for it, it's about the only phone out there that I actually like, I don't like any of the new phones, they're nearly all touchscreen :rolleyes: and I used to have a Sony Ericsson W810i and it was the best phone i've ever had, it was unbreakable LOL and it had a brilliant 2MP camera on it, so the 5MP must be pretty good :thumbup:

i've seen one on eBay that I like the look of, the phone looks in mint condition and the guy has 100% positive feedback, he's sold a few of these phones before and all the feedback say they're ace.... it finishes tomorrow night and it's still at £5.00, so I might put a bid in on that :)

i'm a bit funny about buying phones from eBay though, I bought one a few years back that was 'mint condition' and when I got it, the outside (it was a flip phone) had 3 really big deep scratches in it, and some of the paintwork had rubbed away from the buttons :( I was so angry!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice