Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone have a routine set for their hamster?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by K1nS, Jun 7, 2010.

1. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Well we all know about hammies being nocturnal so its hard to actually spend any time with them. I have tried waking Moon up at 9pm every evening for the past 3 nights just so he can have a run around in his ball and we can handle him etc. I was wondering if anyone else does a similar thing?

2. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

LOL you can train hamsters to get up earlier.... Mine seem to wake up at tea time as they all know they get tit bits... They have a treat and a play then slink off to bed.. Right now I have 5 hamsters going mental on 5 wheels.

Mine never sleep all day... And I know they aint up all night..

3. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

Right now mines still asleep, was up til half 2 last night and she was asleep then too so im not too sure about these nocturnal hamsters! :D During the day she tends to wake up maybe every hour or so for a drink and something to eat, then around maybe 8-10ish she gets up and runs around and has a chew on the bars for a while, then goes back to bed again until early morning I presume? I have her cage sitting on the bed in the spare room so if anyone sits on the bed or makes noise right beside the bed she will get up and have a nose around, and won't go back to bed until whatevers making the noise is gone. Iv no problem waking her up at any time during the day and she never seems grumpy or overly tired when woken up during the day.

4. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

haha mine are very nosey too.. But very food orientated.. our Ryan will get Fred out whenever and show his mates and put him in his ball for a bit.. Mine all have fab temps.... I just love the little guys to bits.. hehe xxx

5. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Moon wakes up sometimes in the day for a drink and he has a little run around his tubes then goes back to bed lol. I have to wake him up in the day when its his cleaning out day, when he gets up his ears are all down because hes so sleepy hehe. Last night though he got up himself around 9ish so me waking him up then is working :thumbup: At least I get to spend some time with him hehe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice