Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone have a Fitbit Charge 2?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dogloverlou, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

So on my quest to get fitter & lose weight this year I asked for a Fitbit for my Birthday just gone, however I am having difficulties setting it up and wondered if anyone here had one and could talk me through the process? :) I've been in touch with Fitbit support but not got any further and they told me to reboot the computer & start again, which hasn't helped.

I'm using a computer btw, not a phone.

2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

No I have a garmin and had to get my stepdad to set it up it was complicated! Good luck.

3. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I have a fitbit charge 2 but have only set it up on my iphone so not sure I'll be much help.

4. Dogloverlou

Thanks both. I got it set up in the end :)

Not to sure about it's accuracy though...

5. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

In what way are you not sure about accuracy.
    Mines not a Fitbit. If it's to do with steps made not being accurate - are they less then you thought? Then it could be for the same reason as mine which is that the steps,don't start being measured until you have done at least ten steps so that random arm movements aren't counted as steps, if you see what I mean.
    If it's the other way round and you think there are too many steps being counted then it could be that random arm movements are being counted as steps.

6. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

The fireworks display I get on reaching my step target always makes me smile :D

I find it fairly accurate, not done the actual step length thing. Using mine to keep me motivated, home here the steps are set to 12 thousand, in London I set it to 20 thousand as I'm without a car up there.

The sleep monitor is very revealing never realised how many times I wake up in the night.

Mainly I use the heart monitor (was having palpitations so this helps me to be more relaxed about it), the steps just prompt me to move :rolleyes: I do like checking on how many floors I've walked after one day trip into London I'd done 54 floors!! Tate Modern on that day and I avoided the lifts :D:D

Had it since May and only charge it once a week, apparently over charging it and topping it up shortens the battery life so I charge when it flashes up the battery and dies :D

Dogloverlou likes this.
  7. Dogloverlou

Yeah, it's counting to many steps for me. I only have to fill the dog's bowls up in the morning & it adds about 20 steps! It also said I'd done one flight of stairs today before I left for work which is funny when I live in a bungalow! lol But you're right, it tracks arm movement as steps for some reason & some answers to similar issues people have had is that it's not strictly a pedometer & is designed to track activity so hence the arm movements.

Wow 54 floors!
    I love the little motivational messages too! :) I've found the heartbeat monitor interesting. I would hope that's more accurate than the step counting lol. The sleep monitoring is fascinating too. Didn't realise I was having so little deep sleep.

westie~ma likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice