Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Aug 5, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

:eek: I was the last delivery of the day so obviously he just wanted to get off work :laugh:

2. Tula

Tula PetForums Member

Didnt you realise there's a detailed part you can fill in to let them know if you'll accept any substitutions and things you definately wouldnt accept.. even after this if it arrives and you're still not happy they'll still take it back;) I do this with my Tesco Aloe vera loo roll as I wont accept the Andrex one lol

3. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

Sainsburys are good :D Always on time, hardly ever get subs and if you send anything back they refund you...never been disappointed with them xx

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I did not know :( It was the first time I had done it. Luckily I didn't spend over £25 and got mostly tin stuff :yesnod: For all my fresh/freezer/things I really need I will buy myself. I will only get tinned/jars/packets online now :p

5. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

I've been doing my shopping online since it first started about 9 years ago. I've used it when I lived in Glasgow and now where I live which is very rural.

I've used Tesco, Iceland and Asda but I use Asda all the time now.

Never had any problems with them at all. It's a brilliant service!

6. exchangeandmart

exchangeandmart PetForums Junior

I often get food deliveries but they're usually quite good at arriving on time although it tends to be closer to the end of the time slot, I'd definitely complain if they didn't arrive in the desired time slot as it's really annoying and don't you pay to have them deliver during a specific time frame? I noticed that some people like Sainsbury's but I've started to find that the quality of the food that I get in their deliveries is pretty bad, like fruit and veg isn't fresh. Anyways, I hope your food finally arrived!

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

A question to the masses:

For someone who is on a budget (I'm talking shops own brand stuff) would it be cheaper for me to shop with Tesco, Sainsbury's or Asda? Or do you think I should do a mini shop with all 3?

8. annianni

annianni PetForums Junior

I started with Tesco, and soon went off that idea - they put short date items in, and how they ever thought substituting some of the items for others that were not even close, I don't know! Plus they were always late, and once never turned up when I had 6 people staying for the weekend:cursing:

Now I use Sainsburys, and on the whole they are good, and the drivers always really helpful.

One big advantage for me is that online ordering, I buy what I need and not everything that takes my fancy if I am in the store!

As an online retailer myself I appreciate good service, so well done Sainsbo's - keep it up!

9. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

My boyfriend and I did our first online shop about 3 months ago with Tesco and it was a complete disaster!!

They didn't show up on time and then they called and said our card had been declined so they wouldn't be delivering. We called our bank who said that they had taken the money from our account. We called Tesco again who were absolutely no help and kept saying they didn't have our money!

After about 30 calls and 9 days we finally got our money back and a measly £10 compensation, I was furious as we had to go 9 nine days on the bare minimum because we had spent our whole food shopping budget when ordering online.

Never again!

10. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Not all the time but on odd occasion when mum is very busy she shops online with Tesco and get's delivered. But there always seems to be way more shopping :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice