Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Aug 5, 2009.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Their shopping delivered? I haven't done it for ages but with the kids being off and Asda sent a free delivery Email so I thought I would give it a go again. The delivery slot was meant to be between 4.00 and 6.00 and I am still waiting and I want to go out grrrr:mad:. Now I don't know if I should go out and say stuff it or wait in all night and risk it not coming at all.

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I get Iceland delivered, they are usually really good at time keeping.

3. Husky-Owner

Husky-Owner PetForums Member

i have mine delivered from asda sometimes and have never had any problems. I would ring them and see if they will compensate you?

4. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

We get our shopping delivered by Sainsburys.
    They always come between the delivery slot times, they are really good.
    x

5. claire

claire Guest

I used Asda delievery this week they rang up the begining of the slot and gave a time

6. thedogsmother

They just arrived, the cooked meat was missing and they are meant to replace it with another similar item, are you telling me that they didn't have any other type of cooked ham, now I am going to have to go and buy some:cursing:, not to mention the ten things they had substituted, which I didn't realise till they had already left. and the other three things that are on the list as having been delivered and weren't in the bags. I amgoingto go in tomorrow to see what they have to say, not a happy bunny now.

7. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

we get deliveries from iceland and ours are always dead on time :D

8. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I've never used any of them! I live too far away from the stores :(

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I shopped with Tesco once. They delivered on time but they subsitituted the items I wanted which weren't in stock.

I'm about to do a tin/jar shop with Asda actually and have it delivered tomorrow :)

10. Cloth101

Cloth101 PetForums Junior

Heehee, I work for Iceland, too right we're on time ;D

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Forgot to mention I get stuff from iceland too :yesnod: Not too keen on the lasagne though and I LOVE lasagne

12. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

have not had it delivered until the six weeks holidays and it has turned out ok, first time they substituted ...wait of it....edison style light bulbs for bayonet type light bulbs, now dont konw who picked my shopping out but surely someone would of picked up on it! This week two jars of curry sauce were missing but we had four packets of apples instead of two didnt bother complaining lol. I love the substitutes sometimes though cos they dont charge you the higher price!

13. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes we have ours delivered every week by Tesco and I think it's well worth the money. They have never been late although they have come 15 minutes early sometimes but they would have come back if we weren't ready for them. We started doing online shopping in March when my o/h broke his collar bone and couldn't drive and we thought it was so good that we decided to carry on doing it when he could drive again. I like the fact that you can put things on and knock things off cos you can't really do that in the store can you so you can spend just as much as you want to spend and they carry it all to the door in those big crates and the men are always nice and cheery. Everything is always well in date too so can't fault them.

Never tried Asda but someone on another forum I go on tried them the other week and they were late for her too.

14. thedogsmother

Well I might give Tesco a go next week, I don't think I will be trying Asda again in a hurry.

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Be careful as tesco substituted me some really crap stuff. I wish they hadn't given me anything at all

16. bichonsrus

what lasagne were you getting was it the iceland make , cos they do another one, purple packaging ,sorry dont know the brand name but its really good!!

17. bichonsrus

not impressed with tesco at all, used them once , oh and iceland tried to deliver my food three times aparently ...............yeah to the wrong house doh! so used iceland only once!!!!!!!!

18. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

You can always send it back though if you don't want it and they put it in blue bags so it's easy to spot the substitutions. I remember sending a chicken back once because they substituted it with one of those value ones that are really cheap.

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I don't know the name it's just icelands own brand. I think it was the family size one though because I was staying with my sister at the time I ate it :p

I have only used tesco once and didn't know that you could do that. I also didn't realise things were subsituted until the delivery man had buggered off :p

20. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Ooh ours always gives you the list first so you can look at the substitutions if there are any and then give them back if you don't want them. It says you can return anything for any reason and they will refund you the money. I sent some Pepsi back because it was diet stuff and my son won't drink that on a Saturday evening and it was refunded to my account on Monday.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice