Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone feel same ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by new westie owner, Jul 1, 2010.

1. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Hi im maybe just being silly but does anyone else feel like this i had my surgery on 7th june i still cant stand to look at scar my oh keeps telling me how gorgeous i am but i cant help it ( breast lump removed ) scar is about 2 inches long :)

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I had my galstones removed when I was 19 and the galbladder ruptured and I nearly died, I have a 10 inch scar down in a sideways slant on the right side of my stomach, I have hated this scar ever since. I am very self concious of it (always have been), Hubby dont mind it at all, he said he married me for what I am inside and not for what is outside. He loves me for me and dont care one little bit about this huge scar.
    Just remember that scar saved your life :thumbup: and if it dont worry your OH then try not to let it get you down. Easier said than done. But I dont worry SO much about mine anymore.:thumbup:

3. new westie owner

Hi thanks im sure ill get better but its just there can see it, oh tells me same loves me for me :)

4. love cats

love cats PetForums Junior

i have a large scar on my left arm, i cant stand to look at it, i have gall stone key hole surgery scars, i dont like them either, dont know why :confused:

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

It will eventually fade over a period of time and will go lighter, It took mine a whole year to start to fade but that was way back many many years ago and to be honest they are better today at putting stitiches into skin now, you should see mine, it is like someone have got a thick marker pen and drawn the scar on my skin, and either side are the little dots where the stitches were, it isnt a delicate scar at all. I think it is lovely that your husband thinks this way, it will help you through your healing process. you are bound to feel this way it have only just been done and it isnt what you want to look at especially in the breast area. I do hope you feel better soon hunny. xxxxxxxxxx

6. new westie owner

Thanks again welshcrazy you cheered me up a little :)

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

You are a beautifull person or your OH wouldnt be with you now, he loves you to bits no matter what,. In about 6 months your scar will of faded quite a bit and with a sexy bra or bikini NO one is going to see it, only you and your OH bless him. But always remember that 2inch scar will of saved your life, so be proud of it ok. :thumbup:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8. new westie owner

CHEERS !!! :thumbup:

9. sunzstan

sunzstan PetForums VIP

hiya, i had a ectopic pregnancy when i was 19 (13 years ago) and i hated my scar ever since. (my scar is on my bikini line). i never wanted to start a relatationship because i thought any guy would think it looks ugly, but after 2 and a half years of being single i took the plung and started dating. anyway my partner says im beautiful and so is my scar because it saved my life. now i have learnt to accepted it because if someone else loves you the way you are no matter what then you can learn to love yourself to. it takes time to get used to because its not just physical scars you're dealing with but also coming to terms with your op will be emotional too. ;)

10. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

When I had my back fixed they gave me a 6 1/2 inch scar
    I was mega self concuiose about it when I bend over i feel it looks like a big bottom crack.

it will fade I still can't bare anyone to touch it

11. new westie owner

Thanks it has been long 6 months of hospital visits and biopsies then op then all clear so yes think its a bit of everything :)

12. xxwelshcrazyxx

Now its time to enjoy life, :thumbup:

13. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Wear your scar with pride, ;) or I'll swop your itybity 2in one for my hip to hip one. :thumbup: Palmers cocoa butter moisturiser is alledgly good at helping marks and scars fade a little. Although I'm not sure how good it really is. :rolleyes: Give it time and you more than likely wont even be able to see it. :D

14. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

My wife had a lump removed some time ago, and i can assure you the scarring will fade in time, and i still love her (just dont tell her i said). I had the snip and i put my neck out looking at the scars:lol:

bird likes this.
  15. new westie owner

Aw Bullet thanks and i bet you tell her yourself :)

16. new westie owner

And bird i feel foolish now mines is nothing compared to yours :) guess its still early days

17. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

I had a breast lump removed 15 years ago and now have just a very faint white line.

Honestly, it will fade to barely nothing and please believe your hubby when he tells you you look beautiful.

I felt the same as you at the time but after a while i felt it was part of me and what i been through (i guess it's a bit like wearing strech marks with pride after pregnancy )

My hubby never felt bothered by my scar, he used to call it a 'little stratch'

Be happy x

18. new westie owner

I have another scar on same breast op from years ago but its underneath so cant be seen, this 1 is on top can be seen or maybe its just me :)

19. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Half inch or two foot, they're all massive to the owner. ;)

Its early days and you're feeling a little self consious (sp, would you believe I used to work in an office :rolleyes: ) give it time, you'll be forgetting its there soon. :D

20. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I love my 2in boob scar. It was done by George my gorgeous moggie (rather panicked when I picked him up!!:rolleyes:). Its a constant reminder of my first cat, bless him!:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice