Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone else's kitten fall asleep while being picked up?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CakesNCream, Jan 14, 2022.

1. CakesNCream

CakesNCream PetForums Junior

My cat absolutely loves being picked up and carried around while I'm walking around the house. It comes to a point where he would go on the bathroom sink or table to climb on me, or if im a few feet away he'll jump on me to pick him up. He often falls asleep while I carry him around as well. He's my little baby

Attached Files:

white_shadow, ewelsh, Willsee and 4 others like this.
  2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

Chance would be a fine thing here - Lily absolutely hates being picked up and will fight tooth and claw to be put down :eek:
    Although as soon as I sit down she's there ready for lap cuddles:rolleyes:

3. CakesNCream

Aww, is that Lily in your profile picture? How old is she?

I'm so glad he enjoys being picked up, it makes taking him to the vet a very easy task

He loves it so much that he will sit up to make it easier for me to get a better grip of him if he's lying down. I hope it isn't just a phase he will grow out of.

4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

That's so cute. But no, no cat I've ever shared life with was like that. :)

CakesNCream likes this.
  5. teddylion

teddylion PetForums Senior

No. I'm jealous!

CakesNCream likes this.
  6. CakesNCream

He is a Birman so its expected for him to love attention but from the sounds of it he really has more of the typical "ragdoll personality".

Cully likes this.
  7. Bertie'sMum

Yes, that's Lily - she's 9 (soon to be 10). Getting her to the vet is a nightmare :eek: Don't think it would be possible without the bribe of Dreamies :rolleyes:
    Of all the cats I've had over the years she's only my second female = all the others were boys and a lot easier to handle !

bluesunbeam and CakesNCream like this.
  8. teddylion

teddylion PetForums Senior

Well mine's a ragdoll and he struggles to get away. You've definitely struck luck with your little Birman! What's his name?

CakesNCream likes this.
  9. CakesNCream

Yes! I've heard this before that boys are more easy going. That was part of the reason why I went for a boy, but the main reason was that I would be much happier getting a boy neutered than a girl just because spaying is a real operation and seems more painful than healing.

10. CakesNCream

He's definitely the perfect cat for me, everything I ever wanted. I've wanted a cat for years and years now, and finally got him back in December. His names Lorenzo :)

ewelsh, Willsee, bluesunbeam and 2 others like this.
  11. CakesNCream

When* healing

wiz Maine coon likes this.
  12. HRay

HRay PetForums Newbie

It's lovely, isn't it. Shadow is the same, he's always asking to be picked up and will quite happily stay there forever! Here he is with my partner, the smooth devil.

[​IMG]

Jazzy Belle, Cully, ewelsh and 5 others like this.
  13. CakesNCream

Aww, shadow is so sweet! He looks like he would be part Maine Coon, what a handsome boy.

It really is lovely, I just want to squeeze him because of how cute he is but I know I cant do that :D

14. bmr10

bmr10 PetForums Senior

My cat Miri is like this and it is lovely isn’t it :) When I come home Miri will stand on the bed and put her two front paws on my chest to ask to be picked up. My last dog wasn’t very cuddly and preferred to sit by himself. I didn’t mind it at all but having a pet who wants to be near me at all times is a welcome change :) Lorenzo is very cute by the way!!

Willsee, CakesNCream and bluesunbeam like this.
  15. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

That’s so sweet.

Both Mosi and Kito like you be picked up and lie over my shoulder.

Mosi climbs onto my lap and rolls over so that he’s cradled in the nook of my arm like a baby. then he goes onto his back for tummy rubs and he sometimes nods off like that.

Cully, Willsee, bmr10 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Willsee

Willsee PetForums Senior

Willow is currently cradled in my arms, on her back having her tummy rubbed as she doze’s off :Kiss she does this every time I sit down which is really difficult when I’m sat at my computer working, I’m not very good at typing with on hand :D:D:D .

Both mine are very affectionate and love being picked up and having a cuddle, all my Siamese have been this way, I’ve been very lucky :Cat:Cat

Lorenzo is very pretty xx

Cully, CakesNCream and urbantigers like this.
  17. urbantigers

Mosi is the same. I can’t sit down without Mosi climbing onto my lap (sometimes he tries to climb on before I’m actually sat down) and does that cradling thing. I’m currently sat with him on my lap - he’s lying cradled in my left arm whilst I type with 1 finger from my right hand, pausing in between words to stroke his tummy.

Both of them love cuddles, especially tummy rubs.

Cully, CakesNCream and Willsee like this.
  18. Bertie'sMum

@urbantigers and @Willsee you're both making me very jealous ! I am not allowed to use my hand to touch Lily's tummy (probably lose a finger or two if I tried !) but if I've got her brush in my hand then it's OK - she does love being groomed :)

About 4 cats ago I did have one who would lie in my arms like a baby and let me "strum" his tummy as if I was playing a guitar !!

Cully, CakesNCream and Willsee like this.
  19. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

My first though was is he a ragdoll? No, Misty doesn't really like being picked up as it could mean being wormed or a flea spot on so she's wary. She's usually ok but not completely relaxed. My son however, well, she would jump through hoops for him:rolleyes:.

CakesNCream likes this.
  20. urbantigers

Sorry!!

Both Mosi and Kito love being picked up and touched. Nowhere is off limits - tummy, feet, paws - every inch must be stroked and kissed on a daily basis.

Cully and CakesNCream like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice