UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so possibly a slightly strange thread title, but my 11yr old persian boy goes crazy for bath or shower water. We have to leave the door open to the bathroom for him when we bath/shower, and a soon as he hears either of us in there, he is in the bathroom meowing and pawing on the side of the bath for his bath/shower water fix (obviously the bath/shower water has no bubbles/shampoo in it etc.). We adopted him from a rescue around 18 months ago and don't know a great deal about his past, but wonder if anyone else has known a cat to have this fancy, and whether there might be a reason for this? He came to us with his sister and she has absolutely no interest in this past time.

He will wait for you to present a handful of water to him, so he can catch the drips, and will keep asking and asking until we think that he has drunk enough. This is when he then stands in the corner of the bathroom in a mood, before slinking off back to one of his many cat beds.

He has access to two bowls of clean fresh water at all times - one upstairs, and one downstairs, and he drinks from both of these. The only thing we have thought is that he might have sensitive teeth and prefer to drink bath/shower water because it is warm. We've been to the vets with him recently and his teeth are good for his age though, so we're not sure if it's just another quirk of his.

We are toying with getting him a water fountain, but don't want to waste money if he'll still bombard us everytime we're in the bathroom!

Any thoughts welcome, thank you.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My BSH Oscar loves nothing more than a dripping tap! Both Burmese drink out of our night time water glasses and Remy, my choc boy, adores bath water so we have to watch him as he tries to shove his head in for a slurp, bubbles and all!!

·
Dad to Puss Puss and Shadow
4,844 Posts
When I am emptying the bath water Shadow loves sitting in the bath playing with the water. I have to dry him off when he comes out. I thought most cats didn`t like water :confused:

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Harry loves going in the shower cubicle and drinking water from the shower head :D

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Merlin climbs the bidet when I´m in the bathroom and waits for you to open the tap, he drinks and plays with his paws and after sometime when I see he is just watching the water drip, I remind him about children who dont have water and turn it off. He watches the drops from the shower too but from a safe distance.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
my late persian Oska used to dry me off when I got out of shower. After a while his tongue was very rough!

the Norwegians love getting into bath after someone has had a shower etc. Normally can't clean bath straight away as they get in it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.