UK Pet Forums Forum banner

does anyone else...

499 views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  snoopydo 
#1 ·
... find new year totally depressing?? I always do.. once its new years day im ok, its just the build up i get really anxious:(

#2 ·
I just don't like it...and i wont go out either much prefer to stay in with my dogs :)

#9 ·
I can't really be doing with it. I hate looking back on the year just gone and seeing that it's been the same old sh!t as the year before, and the year before that and the year before that. And, despite ALL the good intentions we will wake up with tomorrow morning, you can guarantee that this time next year, we'll be looking back and it'll STILL have been the same old cr@p!!! :eek:

#10 ·
I can't really be doing with it. I hate looking back on the year just gone and seeing that it's been the same old sh!t as the year before, and the year before that and the year before that. And, despite ALL the good intentions we will wake up with tomorrow morning, you can guarantee that this time next year, we'll be looking back and it'll STILL have been the same old cr@p!!! :eek:
I hear ya :(

#13 ·
I have kinda mixed feelings now.

I love Christmas, and always loved New Years.

Today would have been my step dads birthday. 2 years ago today he went into hospital. I spent 11 days sleeping on the floor next to his bed (I made my mum have the chair) before we lost him.

So, on the one hand I look forward to the coming year, and on the other I remember what happened 2 years ago.

I dont, and never have looked back on the year on NY's eve, I have always looked forward to the coming year - past is past, I cant change it so I dont dwell on it, I can only hope I have learnt from it to make the future better.

#14 ·
Not really bothered about New year. Wish people a Happyvone but that's about it.
And what's with that saying "new year new you"? What was wrong with the old me. I like that person thank you much :D

#16 ·
That's my mantra and exactly what I put on Facebook - 'Same sh*t, different year!'

Really not a fan of NYE, it's also been a bad year at work (two of my colleagues lost their mothers this year - one just lost her mum on boxing day, and another colleague lost her husband in March) and that's just rubbed off on me. We had a few tears at work today from those who have lost their loved ones, the lady who lost her husband broke down in tears, she was sobbing her heart out saying she didn't want to spend the new year alone, I really did feel for her and have been thinking about her all evening.

I've ended up spending the evening alone as well - I was invited out but it would have meant the dogs were on their own so I chose to stay in. I'm not in a celebratory mood so it was a good excuse not to go out, as I do not want to celebrate another crappy year, don't feel there's much to celebrate about at the moment.

#18 ·
Ooh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't stay up late drinking enough fall down juice to make me sick for days....I was in bed by 10 and asleep before the noise....dogs under the duvet with me cos o the damn fireworks and we woke up about an hour ago to some drunk prats fighting outside...nice and peaceful now so enjoying my morning coffee

#19 ·
I love Christmas , hate new year..

All those neighbours who never have the time of day any other time want to hug and kiss and shake hands ..Yukky at least christmas is just a polite card through the door..

Then theres the drunkenness, most people would be ashamed to be seen so drunk any other time but on New Years it almost a badge of honour and they insisted on singing and puking everywhere just to prove how drunk they are..

Then my main bugbare the fireworks.. yesterday we had 16 hours, yes 16 hours of non stop fireworks which was something akin to sitting through the blitz...
Bangers so large they make the windows shake and the glass in the glass cabinet tinkle..
Kids as young as 7 throwing fireworks at each other and passing cars /people.Yobs tying fireworks to animals ..two 20 yr old arrested yesterday for taping mice to rockets to see if they would launch :mad5:

Having to take the dogs out to a deserted industrial estate just so they can pee in peace 4 times a day for the last 3 days and at midnight well the noise increased 10 fold it was unbearable it,, really was like a war zone..
No, I offically hate new years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.