UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about this depressing thread!

Dunno why but atm i'm constantly thinking about death. Especially my parents dying, & keep thinking how in maybe 40years time they will be dead :(

It's just so sad & weird to think that eventually all of us will be dead

Last night i got myself into such a state over it i was in floods of tears :eek:

also why do people celebrate birthdays ? it just means ur 1 year closer to death !

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Everyone dies hun. Its sad to think yes but thats the reason you have to live life to the full, take risky decisions do crazy once in a life time things and most of all treat the ones who love you and who you love with the best unconditional love. So that when they leave this world or you leave this worl you know you made eachother truly happy :D

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
I do quite a lot... I always wonder what is gonna happen after we die, like where do we go? You can't just stop existing cos what would you feel or sense? And what happens after that? Death can't possibly be forever cos everything ends at some point, it's just such a scary thought.

I'd like to think there was something after life, life is so short and it would be rubbish if this is all that there is :eek:

G

·
I think everybody does at some point, the way to treat it though is to try and put it to the back of your mind, and make the most of everyone and every day while we are here.
Waste of time otherwise ;)

·
Gobsh!te
7,128 Posts
I think everybody does at some point, the way to treat it though is to try and put it to the back of your mind, and make the most of everyone and every day while we are here.
Waste of time otherwise ;)
well said :thumbup:

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
I don't really think about it, I got upset when I was about 7 thinking of if my Mum died I'd be stuck with my Dad forever, but besides that its not something I've dwelled on. Probably because I'm so convinced I will go first!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just keep looking at my parents thinking one day they will die :frown: I just can't imagine never seeing them or my siblings again. :( :(

My grandparents came for Supper last night (in their mid 80's) & i kept thinking they could die within 10years. Surely old people must constantly think about death

think i'm proably thinking about it more atm coz it's exactly 1 year since a friend died :frown: sucks :frown:

G

·
I just keep looking at my parents thinking one day they will die :frown: I just can't imagine never seeing them or my siblings again. :( :(

My grandparents came for Supper last night (in their mid 80's) & i kept thinking they could die within 10years. Surely old people must constantly think about death

think i'm proably thinking about it more atm coz it's exactly 1 year since a friend died :frown: sucks :frown:
My mother is 92 and she has lost nearly everyone that she grew up with, family and friends. It did scare her when they first started dying, but she seems to try and avoid and ignore anything to do with death now.
It helps her to stay in her own little bubble
You really need to put this out of your mind as much as possible. It's natural to think about it sometimes, but don't let it get to be a constant thought

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah think about it quite a lot so does the bf, we both suffer with sorta mild panic attacks with it. Have to listen to radio to fall asleep to otherwise my mind always wanders on to it, sometimes catches me when driving etc. suprising really when i work with old people and am constantly faced with death and people passing away!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My mother is 92 and she has lost nearly everyone that she grew up with, family and friends. It did scare her when they first started dying, but she seems to try and avoid and ignore anything to do with death now.
It helps her to stay in her own little bubble
You really need to put this out of your mind as much as possible. It's natural to think about it sometimes, but don't let it get to be a constant thought
I know it's silly thinking about it,coz i've only just turned 26. so hopefully i've got years & years to live !

G

·
I know it's silly thinking about it,coz i've only just turned 26. so hopefully i've got years & years to live !
It's not silly, like I said, everyone thinks about it at some point.
You also have an anniversary of a death at the mo. This was always my bad point every year for about 5 years after my father died. It natural. :)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tbh i think what's even more depressing is thinking what happens to us when we are really old. Mum's mother is 94 in a Nursing Home & has Alzeimers, she doesn't know who any of us are :(

G

·
Tbh i think what's even more depressing is thinking what happens to us when we are really old. Mum's mother is 94 in a Nursing Home & has Alzeimers, she doesn't know who any of us are :(
All the more reason to try and put it to the back of your mind. I'm twice your age, so much nearer, and yes, I do think about it getting closer, but not so that it affects my life

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All the more reason to try and put it to the back of your mind. I'm twice your age, so much nearer, and yes, I do think about it getting closer, but not so that it affects my life
Just sucks how we only get i chance of life, it's too short

·
Registered
23,249 Posts
Im not bothered about dying. I think we are here then we are gone, no reincarnation or heaven/hell and Im quite happy with that!!
I do think about ageing though. How it was only yesterday I was in my twenties even though it was way, way longer!! I remember speaking to my Gran shortly before she died and she said she still felt like a young woman inside. I find that abit sad.:(

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I too think about it and get panic attacks, really scary. Whenever I feel myself getting worked up I have to talk myself round and think about something else.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.