Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anyone else have slow postal deliveries?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 1512246, Jan 14, 2021.

1. At the moment it is taking 3 days for 1st class post to be delivered in my area and 7 days for second class post. It's been pretty much like this since just after New Year.

Is anyone else experiencing delays in post being delivered?

kimthecat likes this.
  2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I received a Christmas card today.

3. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

They published a list of 28 areas with limited service. Mine is on there and I haven’t had any post for a while.

4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Before Christmas yes that was nationwide though. Not noticed so much, had some catch up post ie things that went missing with the before Christmas post mayhem that were sent this week and got things just as I would via Royal mail

5. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

Recently we had an article in our local paper saying there are delays with post in a nearby area. Its because there are quite a few workers either off with covid or are self isolating, as well as demand for parcels are very high at the moment due to lockdown, which is causing a backlog. I think delays are going to be common until the infection rate goes down and lockdown is eased

Calvine likes this.
  6. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

Yeah we’re just getting some stuff delivered that was ordered 17th/18th of December, it’s very slow but understandable with a lot of postmen off with Covid.

7. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I had a Christmas card arrive last week, mind you it was from Spain

JoanneF and kimthecat like this.
  8. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

That's par for the course! [​IMG]

Calvine likes this.
  9. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Whereabouts do you live roughly? Its not too bad here , Outer West London. Its just a bit worrying waiting for hospital appointments.

Calvine likes this.
  10. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

If anyone is waiting for hospital appointments, check if your hospital uses something called Patients Know Best (or anything similar). Your referrals and appts are all on there and you are notified of them via an alert. I get those notifications long before any appointment letter arrives. It’s certainly worth asking.

11. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Our local postal sorting office has had 90 staff self isolating. No one got post for a week and it's going to take them a while to sort through it all

12. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

I just got a WhatsApp to thank me for a card posted ten days (about ten miles) before Christmas too. But our post on the whole here has been uninterrupted.

13. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Now that's what I call posting early.:D

rona, Calvine and Mrs Funkin like this.
  14. Glad to know I am not the only one being affected by slow post :)

15. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

True: I've noticed on recycling days, there are absolute mounds of cardboard outside the houses.

HarlequinCat likes this.
  16. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Loads of carboard left out on recycling day here too however most of it seems to have been delivered by Amazon rather than RM. My husband has just received a letter from the GP informing him he hasnt had a flu jab yet and does he want one, that was posted mid December arrived yesterday but other than that though I havent noticed if post is slow in arriving. All I know my mother still receives loads of junk mail!

Calvine likes this.
  17. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

True. . . I hardly use Royal Mail myself, cat food comes by Yodel and most other stuff by Amazon; but whenever I go past a post office, even now there is a queue outside, all clutching parcels. I could not believe our local post office (upstairs in WH Smith) for about a month before Christmas, the queue was down the steps into, through and out of the shop, then down the High St past about four shops and overlapping with the queue outside M&S. I never saw anything like it.

18. margy

margy PetForums VIP

I posted Belle's coats to @Kaily on Mon first class. Being lightweight it didn't cost much,I hoped they would be delivered the next day. I'm glad I posted them registered post because after tracking them, they are still in the post office.
    We had post put through the door at 9pm Fri night. At least they are trying to catch up.

lullabydream likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice