Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Does anybody know a good cattery in london?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Golia, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Golia

Golia PetForums Newbie

Does anybody know a good cattery in south London?
    I have a 5 months old cat and I am very worried about going on holiday and leaving him for 2 weeks.
    None of my friends can take him and I don't want to leave him alone.
    Has anybody got experiences with catteries? Do cats get stressed staying in a small space?
    My cat is little and he is a bengal so full of energy...I don't want him to get depressed.

Any advice? :confused:
    thanks

2. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

Have you thought about getting a cat sitter to come in and look after him while you are away? Cats are usually happier in their own homes, you could ask at your vets if they can recommend someone. If you do decide on a cattery I'd try and find a Feline Advisory Bureau listed one, they have strict standards over and above the basics required. You can see if theres one in your area from this list here. Catteries: fab listed boarding catteries (1)

3. Golia

Golia PetForums Newbie

thanks.
    I 've been thinking about leaving him at home and getting a sitter, but I am afraid that staying at home all day long by himself would drive him insane. I thought maybe in a cattery because of seeing and hearing other cats he woudn't feel too lonely.

4. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

Yes, maybe as he's so young, you are probably right, have a look at the catteries list and see if there are any near you, and I'd recommend gong to visit a few catteries before you need to book him in - it'll help you decide on the right one. :)

5. draculita

draculita PetForums Member

My opinion would be to get a cat sitter in. Placing a cat in a strange environment could be more stressful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice