Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

DOCU: a man laboring quietly in his home-region...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by leashedForLife, May 8, 2010.

1. leashedForLife

The Naturalist ~ Kent Bonar

this man lives a quiet, dedicated life in the Ozarks, deeply enmeshed in the study of the environs + its flora.
    he is well-known among other botanists + naturalists, and almost universally unknown to ordinary citizens.

2. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Hey Terry,
    Before I click the link, can I just ask...how come you never hang out here and have fun with us in general chat? You're one of the forum's most prolific posters yet we hardly know anything about you.
    I'd like to set you a challenge for the next 7 days that you are only allowed to visit General Chat, and none of your posts are allowed to have links to anything else on the internet....i.e. every post has to be about you or your opinion, or your response to someone else.
    Would you be up for it? We'd all love to get to know you better! Maybe have a laugh and a joke??? Can we tempt you away from the Dog Training and Behaviour section?
    Chris
    :thumbup:

3. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Sorry: Just clicked the link. If I'm honest, it was too long and I didn't read. It's a reflection on my intelligence, not yours. Don't worry. ;)

4. leashedForLife

honey, if thats true, all i can say is, U have not paid attention :lol:
    but ALL of my posts are about my response to ____ .
    aren;t they? :blink: i hate harsh-trainers who think non-humans are all stoopid, and have to be forced to comply -
    that we cannot possibly get them to co-operate, but must rely on macho domineering.

i hate P+G, Nestle', :thumbdown: and other massive multinational corporations who are fiefdoms in their own right -
    beholding to no ethos, controlled by no government, juggernauts of political + economic power.

i love nature, science, books, reading, films, poetry, hiking, birdwatching; i find behavior fascinating;
    i love brain-science - memory, learning, emotions; FOOD is big for me - taste, nutrition, organic.
    i like to cook; i like to eat; i hate complex, fussy, prissy foods with heavy sauces (French cordon-bleu); Provencal is wonderful.
    where have YOU been on the caption-contests?! :lol: we;ve been very, very busy... and laughed a lot,
    at least i know i did! :laugh:

short of dissecting me, hun, y;all oughta know me pretty well - ;)
    and just as when i was offered 49-cents a pound, dressed-weight as a bid,
    i am not keen on being dissected :lol: ya can only do that once, and just like the poor frog on my wax dissection-tray,
    :( ya can;t put the dissectee back together. :nonod:

my favorite color USED * TO * BE orange, its now purple;
    i am Irish-American - my earliest-USA-ancestor, my great-great-grandfather was a Prussian,
    who had the brains to marry an Irishwoman, after arriving here; he fled to America with a price on his head for joining
    in political demonstrations against the Emperor; he was a student at Heidelberg. his son ran away at 12-YO to be a drummer
    in the Union-Army, and against all odds, lived thru it.
    Great-grand married Irish, and all his M-descendants did the same, very creditably, so i am 15/16th Irish;

i was born on the cusp of Saggitarius and Scorpio; in the Chinese zodiac, in the year of the Horse.
    i have relatives in a dozen states that i know of; my many cousins are scattered like seeds across the USA.

what else do ya want to know? :)
    -- terry

5. leashedForLife

6. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

See...I'm half Irish too. My Dad's family are from County Mayo. I never knew we both had Emerald Isle blood. :) I like cooking too. I used to be a drummer in a marching band (and lived through it). I have cousins in the USA.

See...we have stuff in common that I bet even YOU didn't know before this thread.

Admittedly, I will be off to bed soon (you should be too...it's late over there), but if anyone else agrees with me and feels we don't know our most prolific poster well enough, please do join in and ask a question.

I'll begin...

Terry...Who would you rather (you have to choose one of the the two otherwise we will shoot 100 dogs ;):p )...Bush or 'Bama? Why??

(This thread could be fun!)

I also have another question, but I will wait until a few more have had their answers. ;)

7. leashedForLife

who would i rather WHAT? :blink: i found both *bush* presidencies disturbing + frustrating,
    but having a legacy-student frat-brat in the White House who was a mediocre student and an offhand pilot?
    DUBYA was torture - his pronunciation of NOOKLER drove me insane.

*obama* is intelligent, well-briefed, has knowledgeable ppl as appointees instead of political-payoff appointees,
    and is not ignorant of foreign affairs - he is also not a close-minded man born an oil-wealthy son
    of privileged parents, which is a nice change. :rolleyes:

frankly i would like to see a BLACK * WOMAN in the Oval Office -
    one who raised at least 3 children, all of whom graduated high-school, at least one of who is in college,
    and all on AFDC, minimum wage, guvmint-cheese and food-stamps.
    we WOULD have a balanced budget, and the Air Force would be holding bake sales to fund bombers;
    the SCHOOLS would finally get what they need.

or a cross-country truck-driver in the White House would be a nice change.
    we have had lawyers galore - we have had sons of wealth + privilege.
    a blue-collar family-son with a degree, who is working a job that is NOT white collar,
    would be a worthwhile experiment.

H*** we had a Quaker who was a foul-mouthed bigot on his own office tapes; *nixon*.
    he was so careless of money that he would have a roaring fire on a summer day, and the AC set on high -
    so he could watch the flames, and *think*. :rolleyes:

8. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Ok. Next question.

Why can't you write a paragraph that goes from left to right? Why do you always press enter halfway through a sentence? ;) I, and others, would like to know if this is some strange affliction (I am opening up the questioning here LOL)?

9. leashedForLife

why not capitalize?
    why use color?
    :001_tt2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice