Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do your dogs watch TV?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lauren5159, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

Skip loves it... Dexter couldn't care less.

Here's Skip watching Bull Terrier puppies :)
    [​IMG]

But it's not just animals he likes to watch. He's also a fan of Wimbledon :) Here he is watching a match... I think it was the tennis balls that were interesting him lol.[​IMG]

What about your pooches? Any pictures of them enjoying the TV?

2. MyMillie

MyMillie MillieMoo'sMum

Sadly yes she does, she keeps a watch out for any animals to appear and then she yaps and yaps at them :rolleyes: ....still trying to find a cure for this :eek:

sorry I dont have pics of her doing this as I dont ever want to be reminded of this irritating problem she has :D

3. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

Fitz watches it the most in our house. He likes horsey stuff like showjumping or eventing and wildlife programmes. He also barks at other dogs on the TV if they're running towards the camera :lol:

Wybie will watch a bit of nature programmes and horsey stuff but he's not really that interested.

Lyssa doesn't watch so much (I'm not sure her eyes are that great for TV watching these days) but she does listen. She likes wolves howling and dogs barking/whining. When she was a puppy she used to hate David Attenborough and would growl at the TV any time he was on it :lol:

4. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

Used to have a mini dakkie that would go nuts at the TV when snooker was on and if she saw a baby on TV would also go nuts to try and bite it.She hated kids..

No other dogs bother with TV though.

5. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Bear a little, Brig never, Zak loves the TV! We showed a trainer him going crazy at Bolt the cartoon. He gave up on us after that! He is fascinated by any animals on TV and we use any dog programmes as training! He has to be on our knees for that-security blanket. :D He also loves football and tennis, follows the ball.

[​IMG]

#5 cinnamontoast, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  6. Tyton

Tyton PetForums VIP

OUr two pups haven't been in the lounge much to see TV, they prefer kitchen/utility room and the garden (I think because they are made to lie/sit quietly in the lounge and get ejected when they have wrestling matches all over the floor/in front of the TV!)

Our big fella, Tyton LOVES the telly! He'll watch most things, prefers anything with dogs in it of course! We recorded 'Britains next Top Dog Model' for him and he watched it avidly. I think the best example I have though is the day I came home from work to find OH out in the garden with all the doors to the house open and Tyton sitting in the Lounge nose pressed up to the telly watching 'Snow Dogs'. When I asked OH what was happening, I was told 'I put it on for him, it's his favourite movie!' :rolleyes:

PS Tyton does NOT like 3D tv though - he ducks and jumps and scoots backwards as things come out of the telly at him - a 10 stone newfie on your knee cos he's frightened of a film is NOT funny!!

7. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

Gunna sound weird but Apollo only watches Crufts Flyball and a bit of the Agility, he only likes the agility when he sees border collies :lol: other than that he wont even glance at the tv, I did take a picture but im not sure where it has gone from my phone I will have a look for it

8. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Grace and Loki don't bother much, but Sophie is a square-eyed monster. She watches anything with animals - especially dogs, and there used to be a particular ad for an insurance company with a dog driving a car, and she used to go bananas at him.

dogs aren't supposed to be able to recognise things on a 2-D screen, but that is bullux.

9. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

Found it, not the best picture as it was about 10 at night so was a bit dark, he was fixated the whole time Flyball was on

[​IMG]

10. mummyschnauzer

mummyschnauzer PetForums Senior

Alfie watches Telly all the time especially Footie, here he is watching, "DANCING WITH DOGS" at Crufts on the Telly.

Attached Files:

11. DogLover1981

DogLover1981 PetForums VIP

lol Kenya and Pumpkin don't normally pay attention to the TV. Kenya barked like crazy when she heard barking on the TV one time.

#11 DogLover1981, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  12. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

Pippa did on her first day... she got used to it quickly (she was raised outside from 4 weeks of age) and she doesn't tend to now... however, there were some sheep on countryfile a few weeks ago and she charged over!

[​IMG]

Molly will from time to time - normally if there is a dog on the screen.

13. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Teddy does he loves to sit and watch football with his dad.

When Micheal Owen used to play for England it used to cause great confusion in our house. Owen my whippet was named after the footballer and when England matches came on OH used to sit shouting 'come one Owen' at which point Owen would jump up and look at OH as if to say I'm ready were are we going?:D:D

14. BabyBlu

BabyBlu PetForums Senior

Edie loves to watch TV - anything featuring her nemesis CATS.

Also loves YouTube, when I show her dog clips. Her favourite clip is the two blue staffies swinging from a rope in the garden; and the trampolining Boxer. She turns her head left and right, trying to figure out what they are up to in HER house!

15. Wildmoor

Wildmoor PetForums Senior

The only one of mine that watch it is Hany one of the CPs but only takes notice if she spots an animal she has even seen squirrels in the trees in the background of a film

16. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Only Open University and Mastermind.:D

17. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Ziggy watches football, tennis, rugby - anything like that with a ball - and gets really wound up about it. In my old house, the TV was next to a window, and Zig used to look at the TV, then look out of the window, then back to the TV all the time. She seemed to think the screen was a type of window and couldn't understand why the view out of the real window was never the same.:D What a plank!

18. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

as soon as she clocks any animal on the telly tricky is glued to it. poor opie just looks at her confused cos he doesn't understand what she's watching, daft lad.

19. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

Nope, none of mine are interested. I'm surprised to hear many dogs are!

20. Skinnywhippet

Skinnywhippet PetForums Member

Absolutely - in fact I have been known to use the TV as a pup babysitter when i have completely run out of ways to keep my whippet girl amused and need to get work done :D

She loves showjumping or similar, is reasonably interested in football and cricket (luckily as my other half likes her to cuddle with him on the sofa and watch sport!!) and obviously any programs with dogs in. I will put on Animal Planet or Eden just for her. Unless there are lots of dogs barking or puppies crying she's quite calm, but with those she does get up and have a good look behind the TV just in case :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice