Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Do your dogs like being sung too?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MontyMaude, Jul 26, 2015.

1. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I have an appalling voice but I will wail along to the radio or sing silly made up songs to both the cats and dogs, they usually just look at me in disgust or in Hilde's case scarper, but my little freak of a dog Hector has just outed himself as a Glen Madeiros fan, I was sing along to 'Nothing's gonna change my love for you' and he came charging out to the kitchen doing his happy wiggle dance and started bouncing all excitedly, as soon as the song finished he wandered back off to the sitting room, so my boy likes cheesy 80 pop song :D

2. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

Probably not with my voice. I'm literally Tone deaf..lol! :D :D

3. silvi

silvi PetForums VIP

Yes. Her favourite is The Killers 'when you were young' because she jumps up and down with us at the jumping bit.
    (well, at least that's our excuse anyway ;))
    We always used to sing and dance with all our rescue dogs. It was almost tradition that we did it at least once every day :)

MontyMaude likes this.
  4. Maria_1986

Maria_1986 Crazy Guinea Pig Lady

Unless she is in a bouncy moody and it's a bouncy, upbeat song she sleeps through it or I get a 'crazy human' look

5. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

When I'm singing along to the radio my boy starts jumping all over me trying to lick me - not sure if he is kissing me in appreciation for the singing or trying to get his tongue in my mouth to shut me up lol

dogsaintdumb likes this.
  6. icklemunch

icklemunch PetForums Senior

No. He walks out of the room every time i sing :D. Its quite funny.

7. LoopyL

LoopyL PetForums VIP

My 3 don't seem to object to me singing, but if I make a single dance move Zephyr leaps up to waltz with me:D or whatever

8. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

I do but he just ignores me, our Yorkie used to howl if any of us sung, can't blame him though we are all terrible (and i really mean terrible) singers, Steve

9. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

When Georgina had problems with eyes and used to suffer anxietys attack because she couldn't see properly, I used to calm her down by singing lullabies and nursery rhymes to her just as I did when my sons were babies! Might seem completely mad singing "Rock a by Baby" or "Ring a ring of Roses" to a dog, but believe me .... it worked!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice