Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

do your cats welcome you home?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by petergettins, Sep 10, 2013.

1. petergettins

petergettins PetForums Senior

My GF came across this lady's blog online & sent me this week's one as it's about how her cats welcome her home as Bandit & I have this routine every time I come in from work where she miaows away (telling me about her day ;)), does the normal leaving her scent on me, but specifically then always rolls on her back (don't even think about touching her tummy!) & then has to scratch at my rucksack. It's mainly that she wants her tea, but I honestly do think she's pleased to see me.
    here's the link to the blog, have a read it's v sweet

Bringing along OCD . . . : Home)

2. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

Anytime I go out of the house and return my boys run down the stairs and stare up at us, as if... Why did you leave us?! lol

3. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Yes, Phoebe always welcomes me at the door for a bit of cuddles :D

4. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

I'll have to record my greeting one day. Spooks is completely pathetic!
    I popped out to the shop before and was gone maybe 10 minutes. He did his usual wailing, rubbing and frantic purring when I got home.

I have to admit, I love being greeted with such enthusiasm but it does make me wonder if he has insecurities about me not coming home- he was left at a shelter by his previous owner, after all :(

5. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Worry no more, Milo does this!

Meezer madness :D

6. JordanRose

Hurrah!! :D

Great, isn't it?! Makes me feel so loved :001_tt1:

7. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

I don't think he would, He is probably just ever so grateful and wants you to know how much he loves you and any second away from you is too long. :) It's like a mum and baby I would think :D <3 and what a gorgeous baby he is!

8. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

The Moggy Posse seem to have developed a rota system on whose turn it is to run to see me when I get in. :D

Mostly I get bowled over by 2 Blackies with Merson bringing up the rear. The Princess will be on the cat tree waiting for me to go over and dance attendance upon her.

Recently though, Abby has taken to staying upstairs and waits for me to go up, the Princess now slides across the dining table to meet me, McGee will come charging down the stairs and Merson trundles up in his own good time.

So as it currently stands, I will ALWAYS be greeted but who by is anybodys guess!!! :D :D

9. SiaAndMaxsMum

SiaAndMaxsMum PetForums Senior

Yes we are greeted by 4 hungry greedy fluffies when we return from work. If we come home at other times during the day they will all be snoozing in various rooms of the house and when they do finally surface they give us a look of "what the hell are you doing here?? Do you know what time it is?? Oh well as you're home you may as well feed me then"

The welcome home party is not really for us, but for the food they soon recieve after! :D

Laurac likes this.
  10. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

My cats hear the partners car and run to the door as soon as they hear that or the key! :blush: so cute!

They go mad if they know we have shopping, Mazie spins around literally screaming as she knows we have treats, not sure if that is a greeting or her wanting her treat lol :eek:

11. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

^^ congrats on your 11,000th post :D

12. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

This is exactly how Ed greets me when i come home... Regardless of how long I have been away be it 8 hours at work or 5 seconds putting rubbish in the bin.

Darcy is more refined - she just throws herself on the floor wails, then tries to climb up the back of my legs.

Yoshi sits at the top of the stairs with a look of 'you'll pay slave for leaving me at home'

13. munchkinpie

munchkinpie PetForums VIP

Oh god of course the do. They shout and rub and purr and go all "happy bushy" I don't know how else to describe it.

14. robedha

robedha PetForums Member

Willow does, she snakes around my feet and jumps on my lap when I'm trying to take my shoes off. Then when I get up to go the the bathroom she tries to stop me going upstairs, I think she thinks I'm going to leave again.

15. Azriel391

Azriel391 PetForums VIP

Soooo need to see pics of happybushy ! 'Sigh' fledgling meezer addict x:D

16. JordanRose

I know exactly what you mean! Isn't it weird when they do that?! Spooks does it if I've been out all day. I wonder is that's another odd Meezer trait?

Oh, how I love this breed! They're nuts!!!! :lol:

17. Laurac

Laurac PetForums VIP

Couldn't agree more - home time equals food time. I am under no illusions ....

18. petergettins

petergettins PetForums Senior

I love all these welcome homes. Bandit was v confused this morning as I left for work, realised I'd forgotten something so came back in 5 mins later & she was there thinking Daddy's home again it must be tea time!

19. ellsbells0123

ellsbells0123 PetForums VIP

Chester comes running to the door and he is very vocal :D:D:D

Amber sits at the window waiting for me to come home :):):)

Bentley is usually fast asleep on his barrell, Bentley doesn't move for anyone :):):)

20. Betony

Betony PetForums Newbie

She does welcome me home with lots of purring, mewing and clambering onto the banister so she can bop her head on me while I'm taking off my coat and shoes, but I think she does this because she knows that every time I come home from work I bring back a few scrags and ends from the deli for her :eek:. She does get quite purry and attention seeking if I've just been putting the bins out or walking the dog, but it's never quite as insistent as when I arrive home smelling like meat and fish ;).

She's a very food motivated cat. I'm pretty sure almost everything she does is in the pursuit of food as sometimes she'll be very attentive, playing up all the "I'm still a cute kitten" behaviours, and then if I get up she'll dash off to the kitchen and sit by the treat tub. Still, it's nice to feel loved even if it is just for my ability to produce treats out of a handbag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice