UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where you OH's are concerned, do you trust them 100%? Or do you get paranoid/insecure/jealous?

I haven't been going out with my OH for long, and he has alot of female friends who he is very close with. After being cheated on twice and lied too so many times, I'm having issues with it. :(

I'm not a trusting person, especially where other women are concerned, they are just as bad as men sometimes. I don't like being this way, so any tips on how to deal with it better would be much appreciated lol thanks. :eek:

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
I think its not something you have to deal with, I think your OH should understand and maybe be with you a while before hanging out with his female mates because he has to let the trust build up with you. Maybe try and get to know his female friends? if thats possible?

·
Registered
27,670 Posts
I used to trust both my ex's when they went out.............both cheated on me, my first husband cheated on me with is best mates wife, WHILE I was in hospital having an abortion (baby malformed). How good of him eh!. and second was having it off with anything in a skirt when he was a security man. B*****ds. Total waste of human flesh and breathing my oxygen. So when I met my 3rd hubby I was a bit cautious but had to trust.........and still do.;)

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
I used to trust both my ex's when they went out.............both cheated on me, my first husband cheated on me with is best mates wife, WHILE I was in hospital having an abortion (baby malformed). How good of him eh!. and second was having it off with anything in a skirt when he was a security man. B*****ds. Total waste of human flesh and breathing my oxygen. So when I met my 3rd hubby I was a bit cautious but had to trust.........and still do.;)
im glad all worked out in the end, sorry for what you have been though.

·
Registered
12,734 Posts
im sorry to hear that x
thankyou xx

3rd time lucky hunny .... your one in a million and better than both of them ****** put together xxx

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I do trust my partner. The trust was almost gone last year when he went out for a mates birthday, got drunk and was apparently kissed by a girl. I don't know if that's the true story as he was smashed and nobody else saw it so I have to take his word.

To be fair he hasn't been out since :)

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
To be honest I would probs let him know of your concerns but not in the 'OMG JEALOUS AND I'M PARANOID!!' way :) He shouldn't take it as an insult, especially if he knows your past and hopefully he will be able to comfort you.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
My ex was the worlds biggest liar and when I first started going out with my hubby I tarred him with the same brush, he was very patient and never ever lied to me and now I have to admit I trust him completely, it took time though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think its not something you have to deal with, I think your OH should understand and maybe be with you a while before hanging out with his female mates because he has to let the trust build up with you. Maybe try and get to know his female friends? if thats possible?
He has said I can meet every single one of them if I want too. So I guess maybe I'm being paranoid for no reason... :confused1:

i trusted my ex fiancee with all my life ... for what it was worth he ended up cheating on me and doing fraud amongst other things
I'm sorry to hear that, people are sh!t sometimes :frown:

To be honest I would probs let him know of your concerns but not in the 'OMG JEALOUS AND I'M PARANOID!!' way :) He shouldn't take it as an insult, especially if he knows your past and hopefully he will be able to comfort you.
He knows my concerns, we were friends before going out, and he is understanding and talks to me about it... thing is as awful as it sounds, I've heared all the "their only friends" stuff before. Actions speak louder than words for me.

100%, he's never given me any reason to distrust him and i suppose after 25 years married next month ime like a pair of old boots:D:D
Aww that's lovely!! :thumbup:

...Thanks for the advice guys! xxx

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
If he's worth his weight in gold hun he'll prove himself to you in time. No matter how many times you're burnt by love I think you still need to take that leap of faith :) x

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
in a nutshell................ NO!

ive got to the point now where even poeple who say they are from i duuno lets say a charity, they could have all the ID under the sun but i still wont trust them! im still how do i know you are who you say you are.... i think its yrs of being shitted on thats made me this way x

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
in a nutshell................ NO!

ive got to the point now where even poeple who say they are from i duuno lets say a charity, they could have all the ID under the sun but i still wont trust them! im still how do i know you are who you say you are.... i think its yrs of being shitted on thats made me this way x
Yes i think certain lifes experiences has to change the way you think and view people.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.