Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you think a home reflects a dogs character ?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RAINYBOW, Nov 4, 2012.

1. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Oscar is quite a solid dog but can be a bit "stressy" and when i think about it that reflects how our "home" life was when we got him.

Nella seems much more chilled but up for fun but then we are much more chilled as a household.

Do you think environment ultimately sculpts the kind of dog you end up with ?

:cool:

2. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

We have mad pointers and our life tends to be stressful and mad. I think we chose mad dogs because that's what we are used to rather than the other way round.

3. Werehorse

Werehorse PetForums VIP

The collie I had growing up was quite a stressy girl - and that definitely reflected how our house was. Me and my brother were "difficult" teenagers in our own ways...

Both mine now are reasonably calm (in the house) for their breeds. And we have a quiet, calm house, just me and OH and we rarely argue or anything. They are both a bit bonkers on walks but I think that is just them and how active they are by nature.

4. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Thats interesting because i am definately trying to make the house as chilled as possible,given i have 2 kids plus 5 that visit :eek: for Nellas first few weeks :cool:

5. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I am not sure. Clover can be stressy, especially when I'm ill. Where as Daisy is so laid back it's scary LOL

I think it depends how in tune they are to you more than the environment

6. ouesi

ouesi Guest

If that’s true, then this home has multiple personalities!

We’ve had many dogs over the years, currently have 4 and all 4 are very different. All great, solid dogs, but all very different too.

7. terrierist

terrierist PetForums Senior

This house definitely reflects the dogs....

noisy, smells a little, a little hairy, but lots of fun!!!

8. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

LOL that made me chuckle, sounds like my house despite my best attempts.

Kids back today and no work though so shoulod be alot less noisy from around 9 :D

9. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Well, newfoundland rescue had a dog in foster care at the kennels that was half the weight he should have been because of stress. He had been brought in by a couple who were splitting up and all the shouting and arguing is what had done it. He was gradually putting it back on there.

I think dogs are like children - if the home life is good then the temperament of the dog will be good.

10. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

Definately.
    Our house is calm quiet and laid back.......ta da...Freddie and frank are so chilled out indoors.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice