Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you still dream about pets who have died?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Amethyst, May 5, 2011.

1. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Just wondering how many of us still dream about late pets who have shared our lives?

I still dream about dogs who died years ago, the cats too, but not as much as the dogs. My small animals no, for some reason?

Some times I think they are just random dreams, yet other times, they feel different and I feel in some way we have been together again :)

Occasionally I can't even remember dreaming of them, but kind of feel their love and presence as I wake ... hope that doesn't sound too odd :rolleyes:

Anyone else experience this, I'm sure you must :)

2. borderer

borderer Guest

yes i have:)

3. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

My old springer used to come and see me regular ;)

4. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

no..i don't think i have ever dreamed of Ozzy not that i can remember anyway...but i do have horrible dreams about Mavis...never nice dreams :confused: :confused: ...but i wonder if its because of Ozzy that i have the dreams about mavis....dunno...

i would say lots of people do have dreams about their past animals though

juliex

#4 paddyjulie, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  5. Brit_chick

Brit_chick PetForums Junior

yes i have. this might sound odd but i maditate (which is totally different from dreaming as you arnt asleep) & i saw my border collie who i lost 4 weeks ago & when i was in the meditation he was sat beside me on a bench but my legs was cold like he was there with me but when i came out of it my legs went back to there normal temperature if you understand???

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

I have a horrible dream about one of my late dogs and it's that I've gone away and left her for days without food ... I have to rush home to her!

Of course I never did this but did leave her with my parents once for about 6 weeks, until she could come to live with me in another part of country. She was well looked after by my mum and dad, so don't know why after all these years I have this dream :confused:

Aren't dreams odd?

7. karmidale

karmidale PetForums Junior

I often see a little dog in our home and hear it's bark ... does not frighten me, just nice to know it is around. Often get it confused with our own mob!

8. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

they are very odd...wonder if they do have a reason...
    mine are always to do with loosing Mavis one way or another:mad:

9. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I do dream about Timmy (the spaniel) and Billy crops up a bit and our old cat Fizzy used to but seems to have been replaced by Billy now.

Timmy used to visit though havent sensed him for a long time, always felt like a real comfort :(

10. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

I'm sorry, maybe it is your subconscious's way of helping you come to come terms with your loss? I hope that your dreams become more peaceful in time and you dream with Mavis in happier ways x

11. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I still dream about our white cat Ducks. She just vanished and I never got closure. She was 14 when she went missing and I have horrible dreams about her sometimes, that she had be ran over and crawled to the side of the road in agony and no one rescued her or she was locked in a shed and no one could hear her and she starved. One REALLY weird one was that she came home but was missing her head and was upset because I didn't want to stroke her.

12. danielled

danielled Guest

I still dream of my budgie and that little cutie in my avatar. I dreamt about Comet last night dreamt that he got ill which he did but I managed to cure him in the dream and he lived woke up in tears because I miss him.

13. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

No I have't dreamed about Amber, but I sometimes think I feel her breath on me and lie by the bed.

14. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

I've woken up crying before, it's quite upsetting sometimes isn't it? x

15. danielled

danielled Guest

Yeah it can be upsetting only lost Comet nearly 2 weeks ago.

16. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Still very early days for you *hugs*

17. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I've never dreamed about dead pets. Day dreamed yes but that's kind of intentional isn't it :laugh:

I'm quite pleased I don't dream about him. I worry I'd forget what was real and what wasn't. I still have my memories right now and quite glad I have nothing to confuse them with :eek:

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

yes i have and i have seen them aswell i no that will may sound silly to some but i have

they have come back to let me no they are ok

they will be waiting for us when we pass over

19. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Yes, I believe that too :)

20. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I've been quite distressed when dreaming about pets, waking up thinking they're alive and suffering is one of the worst things ever. I've not woke up crying but I've woken up feeling despair and that takes some tome to go away. I've also seen past pets out of the corner of my eye aswell, the family dogs Tess who sadly got pts just before christmas 2008 and Beau who went in January 2009 (how unlucky can you get?). I sometimes see Beau out of the corner of my eye when I'm in what used to be my big sisters room (she was his owner) and Tess near the front door. It's definitely strange! Maybe after so many years of them being there you just imagine it because it's still expected that they'd be there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice