Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you smack your dog?????

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by garryd, Feb 21, 2008.

1. garryd

garryd Guest

Do you smack your dog ???
    I got to admit i dont smack mine but do give the boys a jab in the neck if i see them eating my favourit bay-tree:rolleyes: Witch makes little or no diffrence as being bull terriers they got skin like an rhino :rolleyes:
    I saw a guy in a park once crack his little dog with its lead :eek: was i right for giving him a good telling off !??:D

2. Magik

Magik Banned

I dont smack my dog but I tap him using the tips of my fingers. I read about this technique. It is used to control dogs with a pack mentality... it doesn't hurt the dog.

3. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I give mine a slap across their rump if they play up Nothing major tho..Its deffo nothing major to them but they know when i do that they have been naughty and do as their told.

4. claire

claire Guest

i also tap our dog but would never hit so is so big it dont bother her anyway.

5. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

9 outta 10 times the look i give em and me pointing is enough to make em scarpa lol.

6. claire

claire Guest

i find ours hates shouting, if ya shout too loud she s**ts herself but its more effective than tapping which she usually ignore, i dont like shouting at her but sometime when she is being a pain in the arse pinching the socks of the kids and running off she deserves it!

7. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Hehehe, I know the feeling. i have knickers nickers. lol

8. claire

claire Guest

i like the face they pull when they have pinched something and get told off its just like a naughty childs:) ya cant stay mad

9. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

LOL i knowww, My solid brindle ebt ate my thong once when she was pregnant, I did'nt know this till she puked em up in the garden all intacked aswell :eek:
    My son came out with the usawal comment which was ..i'm suprised she did'nt snuff it scoffing them :mad: cheeky git.

10. claire

claire Guest

lol....im a little bit luckier cos cassie only pinches sock!

11. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Ive only got to open my mouth if mine have done something wrong. This usually sends them running but I admit ive slapped their bums a couple of times, not hard enough to scare them though.
    Ive found that both my breeds are quite sensitive so a telling off is normally enough.

12. garryd

garryd Guest

same goes with mine !

13. lizd4688

lizd4688 PetForums Member

... normally telling them off does the trick. they just look at me and put their heads down...lol
    you can tell when they do something wrong.
    they have guilt written all over their faces.

14. claire

claire Guest

i love that look! i say to cassie 'yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu bad girl' and she is off all sulky

15. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Anyone that is misguided enough to physically abuse their dog, is asking for trouble. Dogs do NOT think as we do and the sooner people learn to understand this the better.

A dogs initial reaction to being hurt is to attack. I thought the bad old days of Barbara Woodhouse, and rubbing dogs noses in their poo had gone!

Reward based training, while ignoring unwanted behaviour is essential to good dog ownership. If I witnessed anyone hitting their dog I would reach for the phone and dial the RSPCA without hesitation.

leashedForLife and gillieworm like this.
  16. garryd

garryd Guest

but ceasar millan on the tv show swears by jabbing to the back of the neck as a consequence!?? Even in his book he is qwick to point out that when young thats the first thing there mother would do !

17. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Iv'e been told the same that thats what the mother does.

18. claire

claire Guest

me too!...............

19. Dawny

Dawny PetForums Member

EXACTLY what I was about to say!

20. Dawny

Dawny PetForums Member

Do you believe everything you see on the TV?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice