Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do You Shop In Lidl?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MCWillow, Sep 12, 2013.

1. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

No offence if you do, I wish I had one near me - but this did make me laugh :lol: :D

[youtube_browser]RKsGKERivTQ[/youtube_browser]

2. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Believe it or not I drop in at Lidl once very month just to browse the hardware bargains.

Last month I picked up a set of assorted car cleaning products for €15.00

(Cockpit shine. Glass cleaner. Back 2 black. Bug remover. Chamois and anti stat cloth.)

The same products at a motorist outlet €40.00.

Park Hedge trimmer (Lidl) €60.00

The same product at a reputable hardware chain almost €125.00

3. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

On the way home from work I stopped to get petrol. As the garage was empty I decided to get my car cleaned too.

Wash dry and wax on the outside, wheels cleaned and treated, inside hoovered, dash, interior doors etc cleaned and polished, a sunshine shaped airfreshener to replace my tree shaped one, all windows washed and polished, inside and out - for £15 - bargain! :thumbup:

4. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Only one problem Lidl don't sell fags :)

I have one literally 2 mins walk from my house so I will admit it is our main shop as we don't drive! I go to sainsburys a couple of times a month but our bulk of a shop is done in Lidl. Their own brand paprika pringles are LOVELY!!!!

Love the video though gave me a real giggle especially as I can picture people at my local one doing things like stealing someones walking stick to get the last chicken!!!

5. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

I shop at Lidl all the time, the one near me has an in house bakery as well and the appel flaps and danish pastries are delicious..

Its something to think about, in blind consumer testing products such as beef mince, dishwasher tablets, ham and many more items from Lidl come out top or in the first three beating many well known and much more expensive brands.

Im not saying everything they do is great but they are more than just a cheap discounter..

6. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

I hate shopping, hate everything about it so only go when I absolutely have to...and I go to Lidl.

I buy a tins shop and fill the car up...do this around this time of year, Lidl is just great for this.

7. Zaros

I like to wash and wax my own car. There's something very satisfying about transforming a sh1t filthy hunk of steel into your glistening pride and joy.:001_smile:

Alas two to three hours later and one 2km trip along the forest track to the road and it's covered in gravel dust all over again.:(

This is nothing compared to when it rains and then it makes you wonder why you ever bothered in the first place.:mad::

They do here. But the brands are a little bit dubious. Never heard of them so I don't buy them.

Although I don't know why because they'll probably kill me just as efficiently as the brand I smoke presently.

L&M lights. I consider they'll kill me much slower. :wink:

We used to buy their large mineral water packs but the refundable bottles can only be returned to Lidl which can prove inconvenient because their bottle return banks are often out of order.

If we buy mineral water from City Market we can return the empties to S Market and vice versa.

I do wonder if people ever buy clothes from them. Usually underwear.

A mountain of scanties that has been taken from packets, inspected and then discarded on a pile resembling a jumble sale.

I remember a male assistant refolding and repackaging ladies briefs and looking somewhat embarrassed about his activity.
    When I glanced at him briefly, as you do when you see a man pawing through womens knickers, he informed me 'I work here'

Poor lad.

I'll never understand why folks don't inspect the one item that's already been unwrapped instead of opening up their own sample. :confused1:

8. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Lidl in store bakeries are fantastic. I reckon installing one in my local store at least doubled the footfall.

9. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

I dislike Lidl but I do like aldi, their food is better quality so I buy my fruit n veg there as well as the odd bit of chocolate. Some of their cleaning products are excellent.

10. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

I don't use Lidl as it is linked to proctor and gamble and profits from the company go into testing on animals.

11. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Folks?...You mean women...In nearly seventy years I have yet to see a bloke take a pair of pants out of a packet and hold 'em up to the light.

12. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Can tell you live in the South East luv - ya get the same up here by Moggy Towers for a tenner!!!! :D

And you KNOW I shop at both Lidl & Aldi........ :lol: :lol: Remember that chocolate????? :drool:

13. Kyria

Kyria PetForums VIP

Ive never been in a Lidl store, but after watching this I might go :D

14. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

That video is hilarious but it should be titled Shopping in Asda. You get the dregs of society in there lol!

I can't rate Lidl highly enough. It's a great shop!!

15. Zaros

Well not that you're aware of.:wink:

:blink: Anyway, just as a point of curiosity, how long have you lingered around the lingerie aisles in order to be able to make your deduction? :confused1:

:001_smile:

16. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

You get them in every supermarket - except maybe Waitrose :) As to customer treatment of clothes, have you ever been in a Primark or TKMax?

17. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

Our Lidl is next to Waitrose so you get the toffs shopping in Lidl as well as Waitrose :D

18. Bellaboo1

Bellaboo1 PetForums VIP

Omg do you live near me lol same here with Asda I go over the road to Lidl I can get a weeks shopping for family of 4 for around 75 quid if I go to Tesco etc I pay double that, some people are very snobby about supermarkets I find, they are the ones missing out on saving money !

19. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

Totally agree! Last week I spent £68 on a weeks shopping for a family of 4. When we went on holiday a couple of weeks ago (self-catering) we went to Morrisons and spent £80 and there was hardly anything in the trolley!! You get so much more for your money at Lidl!

20. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

The thing with Lidl is you have to sort out what's what. Some of the stuff is really good and some of it is really disgusting.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice