UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you members have time to read books that you enjoy.Im suprised not to see it as a sticky on here.As well as coming on here i like to read at night when the kids are in bed :D
Ive been reading some really good books by Rachel Hore......
A Place Of Secrets
The Dream House
At the moment im reading, The Memory Garden.

I get stuck on what to read next to i look on WHSmith website and look on Richard and Judy.I might be reading her book next.

·
Registered
593 Posts
There was a 'what are you reading?' thread somewhere.

I have a Kindle (thanks OH ;P) and i just finished the whole Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, now just finishing his frankenstien series.. then i have Game of thrones to read :D

I <3 my books.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I've just started reading Freddie Mercury the definitive biography by Lesley-Ann Jones, I'm not so keen on fiction,must admit I don't read as much as I used to

·
Super Moderator
11,990 Posts
I love reading, when I get the chance. Despite spending so much time online (between shifts, anyway) I find a good book much more entertaining than Facebook. I have 2 on the go atm - Duncton Quest (an 80s book about moles) and Fifty Shades Darker.

Also, downloaded on my mob, I have Darwin's The Origin of Species

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im so glad im not the only one that likes to read a few books.So when im stuck on something to read i can come back to this thread and see what you are reading.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Having received a Kindle for last Christmas I love it! - no more lugging of heavy books! I always read before I go to bed and have fallen asleep quite a few times!

The books I like reading are medical thrillers, True Ghost stories, the paranormal, horrors, biographies and Animal stories (Vet tales)

:):)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I like reading horror stories but ive ran out of books to read at the library, there's not any new ones coming up that looks good.

Stephen King The Duma Key was a great horror book, i was hooked on this book.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I LOVE reading, I have a mixture of kindle books and real books to keep me amused. I'm currently STILL reading wuthering heights!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Judy Finnigan has written her own book she was talking about it on This Morning one day...some parts are true i think it was based on one of her friends that passed away.Its called Eloise.

·
Super Moderator
29,629 Posts
I LOVE books:D

I always have at least 1 fiction on the go (usually horror, sci-fi or fantasy), plus a non-fiction, plus a classic I've downloaded onto my Kindle:)

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
There was a 'what are you reading?' thread somewhere.

I have a Kindle (thanks OH ;P) and i just finished the whole Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, now just finishing his frankenstien series.. then i have Game of thrones to read :D

I <3 my books.
Now I couldn't get on with that, yet I generally like Dean Koontz. I love a good horror story, but it has to be good. I have tried some that have relied on blood and gore and I can't cope with that. James Herbert does a good ghost story and Stephen King, of course, does everything well.

I like reading horror stories but ive ran out of books to read at the library, there's not any new ones coming up that looks good.

Duma Key was good. I've read all Stephen King's except the Dark Tower series and I gave up on Hearts in Atlantis. Couldn't understand that. He went a bit weird after someone ran him over didn't he? That's when he wrote Insomnia which I thought was really weird, but he seems to have got back to normal now. Beyond the Dome was a really good one, or was it under the Dome? Something about a dome anyway. I still think his best was the Stand.

·
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
3,723 Posts
i love reading, i prefer paper books though, not the electronic ones. i only read fantasy or sci-fi books, they are the only ones i can get into. although i did enjoy reading pride and prejudice. at the moment i am reading Rapture by JR Ward.
my favourite authors are Trudi canavan, James clemens, Kresley Cole, Gena Showlater, JR Ward, Kelley Armstrong, GA Aiken and Fiona mcintosh.

the best site ive found for looking for books that have been released are are going to be released is Fantastic Fiction just type in an author and it shows all the books and pre-orders too, or type in books you like and it will show all the authors books. it also shows you similar authors if you are looking for ones similar to ones you already read.

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
I LOVE books:D

I always have at least 1 fiction on the go (usually horror, sci-fi or fantasy), plus a non-fiction, plus a classic I've downloaded onto my Kindle:)
How can you read more than one book at once? I would get in a real muddle. I love historical chronicles, stuff that was written at the time like Pepys Diary and the Anglo Saxon Chronicles.

·
Registered
593 Posts

Have you tried Dean Koontz? Not horror in its true sense but i love his books, they are kind of sci-fi, thriller, crime all in one. Some of his books are very strange but my favourite writer by far.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I used to like reading Stephen King and the book that scared me a bit :eek:
was 'Different Seasons' - then he had that accident and his books had a different feel to it after that so gave up! James Herbert is great - 'The Secret of Crickley Hall' was brilliant - couldn't put it down!! :D

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
I used to like reading Stephen King and the book that scared me a bit :eek:
was 'Different Seasons' - then he had that accident and his books had a different feel to it after that so gave up! James Herbert is great - 'The Secret of Crickley Hall' was brilliant - couldn't put it down!! :D
I am sure I must have read Different Seasons, but can't remember that one. You should give Stephen King a go again as he has returned to his not so nutty phase. I must admit I went off him a bit after the accident, but he is ok again now.

Crickley Hall was good, I like a good ghost story. I also love a good murder mystery. you can't beat Ruth Rendell.

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice is good, but she did get a bit past the sell by date. The first four are excellent, but it seems she didn't know when to stop. They are excellent though, told from the point of view of the vampire who are not evil, just misunderstood.

·
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
3,723 Posts
i dont have as many stephen king books as my mum who has nearly all of the older ones. i have a 4 of his 'scary' books and his dark tower series. personally i could get into his dark tower series so i havent read past book 1 though i might try again. the only 1 of the 4 books i have that i have read is salems lot, which i was so scared that i couldnt read it when it got dark, i had to switch to another book, i couldnt read it while i was alone.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Talking of murder/crime stuff - i love phorensic type books.

Patricia Cornwell, Karin Slaughter etc.

Any of you read the Scarpetta books by Cornwell? They used to be great but im finding that i cant read through anymore after a couple of chapters.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.