Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you often by clothing for your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mypetproducts, Feb 28, 2008.

1. mypetproducts

mypetproducts PetForums Newbie

Just an investigation. Do you often buy clotihng for your dog? Or anything elses. thanks.

2. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

No, theyre dogs not children but dog coats just to keep them warm I think are esential to some breeds.

3. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

LOL no way, ild feel like a right plank going out with 4 bullys dressed in clothes :eek:
    As bullbreeds said, dog coats yes..clothes..no .

4. AJ

AJ Guest

I'd never buy clothes for my dog!! Like bullbreeds said they're dogs not children. We sometimes get dogs that are used to wearing coats for walks and I feel a right wally taking them out!

5. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

U feel a wally walking ur dog in a dog coat???

Mine have used them and thats one thing i don't feel a **** with mine wearing.

6. tracyi

tracyi PetForums Junior

LOL :D

Just got an image of my GSD in a frilly number teetering down the road trying not to get mud on his new togs :p

7. AJ

AJ Guest

Yes when they're bright pink and say princess on them!!!

8. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

LOL good point.

Mine have had ( when they was pups ) a plain black and a plain blue coat, quite normal looking lol.
    Thats all ive used..nothing more.

9. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

Well i must admit my 3 have got a wardrobe full of dog clothes.:eek: When wego on walks the girls have pink hoodies on and buster has his blue one on. :rolleyes:

10. melanie

melanie PetForums Junior

My dog wouldnt wear clothes, she would pull them off. I would not put her in clothes cos shes a dog.

11. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Cute lol.

same as the above, Clothes would'nt last 2 secs on mine, they would rip em of eachothers backs.

12. mypetproducts

Thanks for display all your opinion. You will buy coat for your dog in the winter to keep them warm but not buy clothing to dress them up. But if you will buy house for them? Thanks again? Frankly, i do pet products business and want to see if any market for them.

13. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

No, i would never buy clothes for my dogs, but would agree it may be necessary for certain breeds of short coat slim dogs to wear coats on very cold days, but I have collies and shepherds, which cope well with the weather in the uk.

14. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

same here I dont put clothing on my dogs there is no need for it they have their own coat, but as Jenny said for some breeds I can see the need for a coat in the winter

15. mypetproducts

A little strike for me as i keep more energy on promote our dog clothing. But find there is even no market in UK.:( Anyway, thanks a lot for your all let me know the fact. But how about the dog wooden house? If any of you have bought house for your pet?

16. dogsdinner

dogsdinner PetForums Junior

Mine live in MY house, and the only time they would wear anything is if I am standing around at an outdoor show (most of them!:rolleyes:) and its wet and windy like today is. They have coats like horse rugs they do the job nothing cute my dogs are dogs.

17. AJ

AJ Guest

We're actually thinking about getting a little kennel/house thing in the garden as a place Milo can go out the way, he often goes and lays out in the garden on nice days and we thought he might like somewhere sheltered!

18. claire

claire Guest

we will also be having a wooden kennel for cassie but my dad is good at stuff like that so is making us one

19. nici

nici PetForums Senior

my lulu wears jumpers and coats but she does not have any fur so in the winter she needs the help, i wouldnt buy them dresses and trousers and things just good jumpers and coats,:) as for the big dogs no i wouldnt put clothes on them i would look a plank:D i got lulu a fleece the other day it looks nice but she much prefers her basic knitted jumper:D:D:D

20. carol

carol PetForums VIP

nope although i do have dogs that stay who are surplyed with clothes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice