Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you need an address to report someone to thr RSPCA?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by umber, Jul 8, 2009.

1. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Just wondering if you need an actual address to report someone to the RSPCA or will a mobile number and a home number be ok?

2. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

I think the more info the better

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

You need to know the rough location.

What i hate is that you have to give all your own details. They must have me flagged as i ring up constantly.

4. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Wouldn't know as I am afraid I would not waste my time reporting anything to the RSPCA.Unless the animal is practically dead they do not do anything anyway.All these new laws were bought in about cage sizes and how to kepp small animals and yet they still do nothing to stop the awful plight of some poor animals.
    Waste of space.:mad:

5. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i found that out recently too hun

6. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

just as much info as poss, and please dnt judge all officers by some of the rubbish ones i always feel gutted that me ad people i work with especially some inspectors and collection officers work their buts off yet we all get grouped as useless

7. Lisa Franklin

Lisa Franklin PetForums Junior

When I have logged calls with the RSPCA as long as you can give them a description of where the animal is they can find them.

I have never had any problems with them and the experiances I have had have been good.

8. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I reported a pet shop once who refused to turn off flickering tube lights over their guinea pigs who had nothing to hide under, went back 3 months later and still the same so I called again, and still the same :(, although i wouldnt mind working for the rspca so i guess it depends on area and people.

9. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Here's the checklist of what info they ask you for...

RSPCA || Utility

10. silly gilly

silly gilly PetForums Member

i quite agree they are worse than useless in my experience, I have seen horses and ponys in markets in appalling conditions with the RSCPA in attendance. I have also gone through all the naus of reporting a dog kept in squalid conditions for them to say, it had food and water so it was ok. :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice