Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you mind your dog licking you?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ad_1980, Aug 19, 2009.

?

Do you allow your dogs to lick you?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. No ewwwwwww!

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I put this to a vote to see whether anyone minds their dog licking them

My sister doesn't like it, and she tells me not to let Mika lick my hands, but i don't mind it as i wash my hands anyway. I just don't let him touch my face!

So...what about you all?

2. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I hate it and I don't allow it! Luckily only Tiz is really licky the boys are more cuddles than licks!! Tiz sometimes sneaks onto the back of the sofa and will grab a sneaky snog cos she knows I can't move her quickly when she's laying behind me!! :cursing: Sumo the JRT is a little poker!! He gets up to your face and just pokes rather than licks!! :rolleyes:

3. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i dont mind it, mine even give kisses (a lick on the cheek) to be honest i wash my cheek/hand after so i dont mind

Im sad and think its a sign they love you lol

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Yes I do mind, I trained my last dog not to and have eventually trained Henrick not to . Having seen where he sticks his nose and what he licks I'm not too keen to have it smeared all over my face. He does have loads of cuddles though to make up for his mean old mum not letting him have a kiss.

5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I love having my feet licked ;). Yes, I dont mind my dogs licking me so long as they are not a nuisance with it. I get annoyed with very licky dogs though.

6. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I love Bailey licking me haha.
    When my mum opens my bedroom door, the first thing he does when he comes in is lick my hand and I think it's really sweet.

Sometimes he can become really licky, but I stop him if it gets too much.
    x

7. Molly's Mum

Molly's Mum PetForums VIP

I love my dogs giving me a bit slurpy wet kiss, for me it's a sign of affection and they seem to love it as well :D:D

8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Mine are both very licky, but will stop when told too. I only allow licking of my hands or arms, i hate having my face licked.

I try not to allow them to lick other people, as not everyone likes it. Alfies usually greats people with something in his mouth, which is good, as he's the worst one.

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dixie is very licky. It can get annoying so we taught her ''gimme a kiss'' whick means only one lick. It is funny when my oh wont get up and I send Dixie in! :D She get's ''licky licky'' and will just attack my oh with kisses! hehehe

Dave really isn't licky but will give you the occasional kiss :)

x

10. stellasmama

stellasmama PetForums Member

We do let Stella lick us....but don't allow her to jump on folks and lick them. I love her puppy kisses.....

11. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

I've got one that will jump up and lick you all over the face, another that will give dainty little licks when he feels like it, another who will lay by my feet and lick them all night and one that doesn't lick at all... slobbers everywhere though lol

I don't mind at all, if my little poochies want to give me kisses then they can :D

12. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

i don't mind it, Inca is so delicate when she dose it so its sweet, echo gets over excited

13. rona

rona Guest

Alfie and Muddy lick so rarely that I actually find it quite a compliment when they are tucked up beside me and decide to give me a little lick :)

14. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

I tend to stop mine after the first fifteen minutes.

15. icanneverthinkofagoodname

icanneverthinkofagoodname PetForums Junior

My dogs arent majorly licky, but they do lick my hands when they greet me. I love it because i think its them saying they are very happy to see me.

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice