Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you love your 2nd dog as much as your 1st?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by witcheswalk, Apr 13, 2011.

1. witcheswalk

witcheswalk Banned

You get a special dog once a while, that turns out to be your soul dog. I think my girl is my soul dog, she has helped me amazingly with depression and anxiety. We are taking on another girl this weekend, same age, size and breed. Just a different colour. She needs a new home due to difficult personal circumstances in her current home. The owner is lovely and we will do our best to give this girl a loving home with everything she needs, as our girl already gets. I just cant imagine loving another dog as much as I love my girl or having that same special close bond with 2 dogs. Would love to hear other peoples experiences on this. xxx

2. borderer

borderer Guest

every dog i have owned or bred has been my soul dog loved them all

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I love them both for different reasons, Henrick is sensible and well behaved, loving and generally lovely, whereas Bella is a total mad thing, my little wild child who just makes you smile watching how much she loves life. My two are same breed too, they are very different personalities but both amazing dogs and I love them both the same, although it wasnt instant obviously I loved Henrick already when I got Bella and my love for her grew.

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I have four dogs and each one is as spoilt as the next one, They all get treated the exact same, Suki-sue my ShihTzu is 10 years old and was my first, she will always have a special place in my heart, the others do to but she just a tadd more.

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I have loved all my dogs, must say tho there have been the extra special ones, Ben, Millie and Ted to name three:)

But saying that all my dogs have been treated the same as far as looking after them goes:D

6. witcheswalk

witcheswalk Banned

I think I am just overthinking everything and worrying unnecessarily. I guess it is like children, you think you cant split yourself for another when you have your first but then you just do. xxx :p

7. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

I know a million percent that Rosie is my soul dog. I have nothing to compare to but you just know, don't you.

I'm always worried that once I get another dog, I just won't be able to love it like I loved Rosie.

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i love them both, Oh defo loves zeb more i guess i have a littlesoft spot for bear Hes defo MY dog he bonded with me first he was abit scared of oh for the first few months and was very much a girls dog

i do really adore them both, but zebs has such a easy life were as bear had problems and issues i feel like we have had to earn his love were as zeb always gave it without having to ask!

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

You will love the new one as much as your first one don't worry and after a while you will wonder why you doubted yourself. Good luck for the weekend when you go and get her. xxxx

10. witcheswalk

witcheswalk Banned

Thank you. She has a long journey at the weekend and she is in season bless her, but we had the offer of help with the transport so had to go with when the help was available. She will have a quiet week or 2 with on lead walks only whilst in season, so will have that time to settle in before going mad out in the fields with her new sister. xxx

11. xxwelshcrazyxx

You will be fine and so will she, enjoy her and have fun with them both, :D

12. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

I love both of mine in different ways. At the moment I have to say that I am more attached to Bo as she is soo close to me but Badger is barging his way into my heart as well.

13. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Brig and Jake were substitute children, Brig still is. I took a while to bond with the new ones, but now I love them just as much. :)

14. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I'm really close to my boys and love them all the same but I'm close in different ways to each one.

15. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Millie will alway be my special Princess there is know doubting that, it's not that I dont love Makita as much but I am still getting to know him but at the moment I love him more and more everyday.:D

Especially as I am just back from a truely lovely walk compared to last nights attempt :)

16. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

I have only had Ruby our 2nd for coming up three months, and thought that because we had Rolo from a puppy maybe i wouldnt love her as much, but i have to say there is plenty of room to love them both, and they creep right into the centre of your heart so quickly!!

Mine are the same breed, different sex, 3 months apart in age, and similar but different, and i love them both to bits, i think equally, Ruby cos she is a softee, rolo cos he is just so puppy and cheeky! And the two of them together!

If you have an open mind, and heart, then you will have two in there before you know it!

They are clever little things these dogs, not sure they are taking over the world, but they have taken over my life!!:):001_smile:

17. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i felt the same when i got my second cat i was worried i wouldnt love him as much as thelma............. but i do. I guess its like when you have more than one child you dont love your first anymore than your second, third ect. Dont compare your second dog to your first you will find you love your second dog for different reasons. :)

18. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I love my second dog more, i never really bonded with the first :(

19. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i love all 4 of mine equally :) they all cheer me up

20. Oenoke

Oenoke PetForums VIP

I have 5 dogs and I love them all, they are all special, just for different things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice