UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
raining ? its been raining all day here and i let my rabbits into their runs attached to their hutches after the school run. The runs both have a heavy duty polythene sheet over the top and down one side, so they're not getting rained on but the flags they are on are still wet from last night and it is very cold. They have access to their hutches so can go in if they like.
Do you think this is ok ?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
my rabbits have 24/7 acces to their runs at all times, they are never shut off

G

·
As my buns are house rabbits mine don't go out from around September right through till April (if the day is particularly mild then they are allowed access to the garden for a short while) because the temp difference is too great.
But outside rabbits will have a think winter coat so should have access to a run 24/7 with access to a warm dry area :)

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
mine have permenant access to their run and i have tarpaulin over the top to at least stop it raining on them, i have laid hay on the floor to help with the damp and cold from the floor coz like yours it still gets damp xx

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
We drop tarpaulin down over the top of the run and 3 sides to keep damp out, and have an underbed storage box full of hay in the run for them to sit in if they want. In our enclosures, we have also piled in mounds of straw to take the chill off the concrete. One of our buns loves burrowing in it - he is a half wildy.

As long as they can choose to go back into a cosy hutch, that is fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.