UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything about the Romans?? I have an exam on Roman and Post-Roman Britain tomorrow but I know nothing after hours of revision. So far...I remember that Claudius invaded in AD 43. :lol: Anyone???

I find the Roman stuff very...erm...boring. I wonder why I even took the module!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Anything about the Romans?? I have an exam on Roman and Post-Roman Britain tomorrow but I know nothing after hours of revision. So far...I remember that Claudius invaded in AD 43. :lol: Anyone???

I find the Roman stuff very...erm...boring. I wonder why I even took the module!! :lol: :lol:
Google Mancetter village past, roman history where we live:D lots of Roman battles here.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts

Ask welshie, she was around then:lol:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha well that isn't what I heard. I heard you were around at the end of the last ice age! :eek6: :eek6:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed they did I believe. Many of which are still existing (well the routes at least)

In particular I think I have to know about pottery, hill forts, lead poisoning, metal working etc. As well as settlement, politics, religion etc.

What gets me is all the Latin terms...there is 0% chance of me remembering any of them...

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
The Roman invasion of Britain in a nutshell - by Classixuk, aged 32 and 3/4

One day, whilst eating spaghetti bolognese again, Ceasar screamed, "Is this all we get around here? Pasta and bloody garlic bread? I've had enougn I tell you. I sent the army to Africa and they brought me cous cous. I sent them to France and they brought me snails. I mean, for Venus' sake, they brought me back pickled cabbage from Germany and Poland. Surely some other nation has a dish tastier than pasta with sauce?"

And with that, his most trusted slave answered, "Oh great one. I do hear that in England they have a delicacy called "Fish and Chips" as well as "Chip sandwiches". Served with salt and vinegar, and wrapped in yesterday's news, there is allegedly nothing better to devour in this whole entire empire. But be warned...the Scottish clans spoil the animal fat with something called "Deep Fried Mars Bars". Rumour has it that eating such things makes your hair turn ginger...matching collar and cuffs too."

So with that, Caesar sent an army to Britain.

They built a wall to stop the Scottish frying their Mars Bars in England's oil, and then they came, they saw and they conquered.

And to this day, you'll never find a ginger roman catholic!

The End.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Roman invasion of Britain in a nutshell - by Classixuk, aged 32 and 3/4

One day, whilst eating spaghetti bolognese again, Ceasar screamed, "Is this all we get around here? Pasta and bloody garlic bread? I've had enougn I tell you. I sent the army to Africa and they brought me cous cous. I sent them to France and they brought me snails. I mean, for Venus' sake, they brought me back pickled cabbage from Germany and Poland. Surely some other nation has a dish tastier than pasta with sauce?"

And with that, his most trusted slave answered, "Oh great one. I do hear that in England they have a delicacy called "Fish and Chips" as well as "Chip sandwiches". Served with salt and vinegar, and wrapped in yesterday's news, there is allegedly nothing better to devour in this whole entire empire. But be warned...the Scottish clans spoil the animal fat with something called "Deep Fried Mars Bars". Rumour has it that eating such things makes your hair turn ginger...matching collar and cuffs too."

So with that, Caesar sent an army to Britain.

They built a wall to stop the Scottish frying their Mars Bars in England's oil, and then they came, they saw and they conquered.

And to this day, you'll never find a ginger roman catholic!

The End.

:thumbup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very informative and I am writing it down as we speak!! :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UPDATE!! I got through the exam...just.

I answered 2 questions...somehow...which is alot more than I thought I would do...I expected not to be able to pick 2 out of the 7 on offer...but I did it! :D

A pass will do me fine :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.