UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were going to walk with Kes' brother Khan tomorrow but she is now in season so it's been called off. I did however pick him up earlier today to drop him off somewhere and while I can see a lot of similarities in looks, movements etc. his temperament seems to be much better than Kes'. His owner (the one who reared the pups after being dumped with Kes' pregnant mother) thinks perhaps Kes has inherited many of her mums traits whereas Khan is more like his dad hence being calmer and a bit friendlier in nature etc. Made me feel a bit deflated about our Kes actually seeing how well tempered her brother is in comparison to her being a bit nervy at times and a lot less friendly.

Anyway here is a picture of her brother for anyone interested, he's a lot more muscly than Kes and has a huge head (almost looks like a mastiff in person):

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Just two that the breeder kept and I have seen photos of one other fairly often; they are fairly similar to Kilo in temperament and 'quirks' I think although one loves swimming, one hates water and Kilo is somewhere in between. Funnily enough, they look pretty alike :D.

Khan is a handsome boy.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Yes i know some litter mates and half brothers and sisters.

His blue brother from his litter is merlin and is just like him and a cheeky boy too. His black sister is an agility dog.

They are all very outgoing and playfully cheeky it seems!!

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Aww, he's a good looking boy isn't he? :)

I don't know any of them personally but one of Alfie's brothers lives in Croatia now and is being shown all over Europe and I'm facebook 'friends' with his handler so I see how he's doing and what he's winning. He's just qualified for Crufts next year and I often say to Alfie "look, LOOK at your brother, standing all tall and proud and dignified while you're outside digging holes and chewing sticks" :lol:

They're VERY alike so it does make me think sometimes that it was a shame I couldn't pursue showing Alfie :eek: and makes me wonder if he would have been successful...

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
We have met one of Flynn's littermates a few times as he lives locally although the litter wasnt located locally. His name is Riley and each pup looked the same so he looks just like Flynn.

Here is a photo of them together when they were about a year old:

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just two that the breeder kept and I have seen photos of one other fairly often; they are fairly similar to Kilo in temperament and 'quirks' I think although one loves swimming, one hates water and Kilo is somewhere in between. Funnily enough, they look pretty alike :D.

Khan is a handsome boy.
He was very majestic in person. I don't think he's got Kes' clever streak or naughtiness though so I made the right choice there. :D

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I haven't met them but I hear about them if that counts. I think Bess would look a lot smaller than her brothers, but it would be interesting to meet her sister.

Kes's brother looks a lot more male - stupid thing to say, but it made sense in my head. Keys is more delicate and female looking.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't met them but I hear about them if that counts. I think Bess would look a lot smaller than her brothers, but it would be interesting to meet her sister.

Kes's brother looks a lot more male - stupid thing to say, but it made sense in my head. Keys is more delicate and female looking.
I know exactly what you're saying. I always thought she was pretty darned big but she does look very slight and girly in comparison. :)

Are any of Bess' littermates owners planning on showing like you are?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i did know one of tia's brothers.. his owner saw me with tia and came to ask if she was from the same litter (not many staffies in the area), however i've now moved and in typical dog owner fashion, i know the name of the dog but not the bloke.. reggie is like a male version of tia though, they have the same mannerisms and act and play in exactly the same way. i don't have any pics unfortunately, but imagine a male tia with more white patches.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
We see one of our whippet's sisters as the breeder kept her. It's amazing how similar the two of them are in behaviour if not in appearance. She's much smaller and has her dad's colouring whereas our boy is big like his dad but has his mum's colouring. They even sound the same when they whine!! I think you could probably pick them out as being siblings even if you didn't know them.

I'm hoping we'll be able to see more of their current litter as they grow up as it really is fascinating keeping track of them all.

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
I don't even know who his breeder was let alone know of any litter mates.

I ran into several of Wolfs litter mates over the years though. One was owned by the people who had the corner shop and god only knows what his dad was coz he was about the size of a donkey :yikes: He was about as placid as they come though. Another was the size of a JRT and there was no doubt at all who his dad was, he was the spitting image of him in looks and took after him temperament wise too.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
my mom ownes chaos's brother DJ
they are completly diffrent. chaos is calm (ish) good with other dogs were DJ barks pulls on the lead barks at other dogs wont recall from other dogs and still at 10months bites :(

this is chaos

and this is DJ

there was 8 in the litter 4 boys and 4 girls dj and chaos were the only brindle pups the rest were pure black :D

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I don't know any of Lucky's actual litter mates but have seen photos of her brother from a different litter. The breeder kept him and I have her on Facebook :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
My best friend has Ottokar's sister Lexi so we see her regularly :D

They are so very different but also alike in many respects :crazy: she was the smallest of the litter and he was the biggest :p bearing mind she got Lexi at 11 months and I got Otto at 18 months but also saw their other sister so I compare fully grown sizes ;)

She is braver,clever, more inquisitive and got tons more drive, but a little more wary of strangers. Otto is an idiot :p. we always joke that she is the one with the b0ll0cks :D

However they both make fantastic companions, pets and training partners :D

Soaking wet after a swim!

Need to get some nice pictures of them I thinks :eek:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Chance i assume may have litter mates out there somewhere

Harvey has met a couple of his littermates AGES ago when they were young, but not since unfortunately

spot Harvey :rolleyes:

Harveys brother Alfie

marley

george

missy

blade

Photo over load sorry! Oh these are Verrrrry old photos!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.