Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you honestly and truly believe in Rainbow Bridge?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bette, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Bette

Bette PetForums Senior

I think it's such a wonderful,beautiful concept.I wouldn't say I'm a particularly religious person but I find it hard to believe that after death there is just nothing-either for us or the animals-so yes-I do believe in it.My two cats are wonderful,special little souls who came into my life when I was going through a very sad time and they have helped me more than I can say.I honestly believe that they found me and I found them at a time when we both needed each other and I believe that when they die they will go to Rainbow Bridge because I don't think the three of us will ever be parted now.

Sorry if this seems morbid-it's not meant to be-it's meant to be a positive,cheerful thought! :)

2. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

I don't believe in it being an actual place as such. More just the concept that one day we'll be reunited with those we've loved and lost. I don't think it really matters if it's real or not though as long as it provides comfort to someone

3. Melovesthekittys

Melovesthekittys PetForums Member

Not in offence to any1 religious but i don't believe in the virgin mary/jesus side and in many ways to me the bible was created to control men (big apologies again) but we are beautiful complicated creatures/planet who were designed by something supernatural (maybe god to me) and we truly do move in to the next place with our loved ones. Deep i know :/ not 1 part of me disbelieves we see our loved ones again :)

4. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

I have to believe it exists or that something else is there because I want to see them again when we depart this plane.

I am not sure what I believe, I am not religious but am attracted to various aspects of different beliefs, some things seem to happen when you need them, and people and pets appear in some form when they have passed over, so they must have gone somewhere.

I hope I will be reunited with my pets when I pass on, not bothered about the people, just the animals.

5. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Do i believe, well no i dont believe there is any place or life after death but having just sadly lost a kitten yesterday at 2 days old the only way i can cope with such a young loss is to think in my heart this kitten is safe running around with other cats in a special place, probably makes no sense to others but makes sense to me.

6. Xanthia

Xanthia PetForums Member

I think there must be some life after death or there would be no point in life, really. I like to think that my pets spirits are going on to help other people after they die, not just waiting for me at the bridge but bringing some happyness to other people aswell :)

7. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I do believe in God and that there is a life beyond this one and, if I believe animals have souls which I do, then I must believe there is a place for them as well. I hope I will see all my pets one day too.

Xanthia likes this.
  8. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Not really, but it's a nice thought :)

I would love to think that I shall be reunited with my mum and dad again as I lost them both far too early. I "speak" to them when I go to bed, so maybe deep down I'm hoping ;)

And the idea of my beloved pets running around in a heavenly place is a comforting one.

I'll find out for sure, one day :) Fingers crossed I don't go "downstairs" :eek:

9. Lunabuma

Lunabuma PetForums VIP

Rainbow bridge for me is a place in my mind. :eek:

10. Figaro

Figaro PetForums Member

No I don't but when our old lady cat was PTS in June it was comforting to tell our son who was so upset.

11. munchkinpie

munchkinpie PetForums VIP

I believe we are reunited with our pets and loved ones. I don't believe in in religions such as Christianity etc. I like Buddhism :)

12. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

it's a hard one for me, I really would love to believe that I will see my animals and family and friends that have passed when I die, I kind of believe its true but I think like everyone am a bit sceptical but its something I like to think is real. I desperately miss my dogs I grew up with and think I will always have a missing piece to my heart now there gone so I really hope that they would be there and that they are kind of around now.

13. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

Do I believe that rainbow bridge and heaven exist.....No because I am not a religious person, however I do like to Imagen they exist as it helps ease the pain when someone or something you love deeply passes.

However I completely respect people's choice to believe that such places exist

14. muffin789

muffin789 PetForums Senior

I do believe. Having lost both my previous rescues unexpectedly, it helped me hugely when someone sent me The Bridge and I still like to think that Jamie and Smartie are together and playing happily, waiting to say hi when the time is right.

I'm another who was first owned by cats at a time in my life when I needed something to bring me back from the edge of despair, and honestly believe Jamie and Smartie were sent to save me, just as Pudds and Libby look after me now.

I don't think we would have been brought together if we weren't meant to be a part of each other forever.

A friend of mine once said that people come into your life for a seaon, a reason or a lifetime, and I think it's the same with our animals.

15. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

I like to believe it does exist, I have been "visited" by all my pets after they died and so with this experience uppermost in my mind I can only assume there is somewhere else where we will meet again, I'm not religious in any way, my view is based solely on my own experiences and therefore there is no intention to offend anyone with a different opinion or belief :)

Until we meet again my friends, take care of one another xx

16. muffin789

muffin789 PetForums Senior

This I've experienced too, I'm sure.

The night I first saw the pics of Libby on here I am sure Smartie sent me to the thread for some reason. I know it sounds bonkers when you see it in black and white, but there was something very inevitable about Libby finding me from the best part of 200 miles away.

And as much as she's my funny little Libby Loony who puts a smile on my face, Pudds is so much like my sadly-missed black cat Jamie it's uncanny. Can't believe she's only been with me 7 months cos she's so much a part of me :D

17. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Nope - I'm too science based to believe this stuff - but I love that fact that it can help other people.

18. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

It's not bonkers, I believe things happen for a reason and what's meant to be will be, you are together because you are meant to be and that's the way of the world, treasure your time together, Smartie gave you (sorry don't know the sex) his/her blessing xx

19. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

I wanted to believe. But deciding to believe or not drives me crazy. So, I made a rational choice of not believing, for now, (or living my life like if there wasn't). It helps me to focus on the moment and reduces anxiety about 'what if'. And if I'm wrong... well, than I'll be the happiest wrong person on the afterlife. :)

20. Bette

Bette PetForums Senior

I don't know if Rainbow Bridge exists exactly as the poem describes it,I'm a rational person but the strong feeling I have is that this just can't be "it" ie " all there is" for us or the animals .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice