Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Do you have something News Worthy to report?

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by petforum, Oct 7, 2008.

1. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

If you have some news worthy pet related story or some pet related event you would like to display in the pet news section, please feel free to add the information in a new thread or send the information to myself in a pm.

Thanks
    Mark

2. slvet2

slvet2 PetForums Newbie

7/14/2009
    PrFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    HOW TO COOK FOR YOUR PET
    Easy, Nutritious meals for Dogs, Puppies, Cats and Kittens
    Dr. Amy Cousino's HOW TO COOK FOR YOUR PET is an invaluable cookbook for any pet lover and or owner.

For those who know the importance of healthy eating not only for humans, but for pets, this informative manual is a necessity.

Cousino, a licensed veterinarian and cook, has combined her talents to come up with healthy, nutritious recipes that are not only simple, but are based on natural and organic ingredients. You'll be able to incorporate fresh ingredients found at your local grocery and get your kids involved in the process with her step-by-step instruction ,designed especially for quick and easy preparation.

Included is a no-no list of foods for reference as well as a yes-yes list for pet owners that illustrate common foods safe for your pet. In addition, you'll find feeding guides, supplies you'll need for preparation and a questionnaire to help you determine your pet's favorite foods.
    Publisher's website: How To Cook For Your Pet - Dr. Amy Cousino
    ISBN: 978-1-60693-375-6 SKU: 1-60693-375-2

3. RSPCAgreyhounds

RSPCAgreyhounds PetForums Newbie

Hi Mark,
    Just tried to PM you with regards to an RSPCA campaign I'm running but was unable to send it as says you have no storage in your inbox.

In short we have a chance to protect racing greyhounds from an uncertain future through legislation but need thousands to send a letter to the Government by 22nd July so timings are really tight!

I will try and re send in a while, just thought I'd let you know.

Katie

4. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I think there's already a thread about it:)

5. RSPCAgreyhounds

RSPCAgreyhounds PetForums Newbie

Hi Christine,

Thanks for letting me know, I've found the thread and made the post! :)

K

6. mexborough

mexborough PetForums Newbie

Hi. My name is Val, I have a white german shephard called bess. Bess had keyhole surgury to the heart yesterday to correct a grade 6 heart murmer. She went in the vets in the morning and walked out in the afternoon. Today she is playing! But what I want to stress is I rescued Bess from a puppy farm. My vet diagnosed her with a heart murmer straight away and told me I should take her back. I could not put her back in those conditions. The heart murmer grew worse and the thrill to the side of the chest was easy to feel. I got her to a cardiologist who gave me three choices, leave it and she will die, open heart surgury or key hole surgury. What was I to do but to go for the best option for my dog. I am happy to say I am astounded by the results of the keyhole, but I am unhappy to say the effect on my credit card is a large black hole. I would like to see this posted on your site as a warning for all those who might just want a cute fluffy bargain..In my book that does not exist.

7. jo-h

jo-h PetForums Newbie

Dog, cat, horse, iguana, rabbit, gerbil, spider, rat, cockatoo, lizard, ferret, parrot…

Whatever your pet – if you’re worried or embarrassed by a problem it has - whether medical or behavioural – please get in touch…

I am working on a research project at the moment (not presently for broadcast) for Maverick Television (Maverick Television: Maverick Television) and I am looking for people who have pets, but are scratching their heads with a problem their pet may have.

It could be behavioural or medical, big or small… whatever it is, I’d like to hear about it.

... could be a dog with bad wind; an overweight cat; a shy guinea-pig; a randy pony; a swearing parrot; an attention seeking lizard; a hyper-active rabbit, an aggressive hamster... absolutely anything!

May be it is not your pet – but a loved one’s that you have concerns about? That’s fine too…

Get in touch and I’ll explain a little bit more about the project.

The number is 0121 771 1812 (ask for me Jo Harding) or j.harding@mavericktv.co.uk

Many Thanks, jo.

8. Katie1989

Katie1989 PetForums Junior

I've just given up my spanish class it just wasnt for me i feel really mean because the tutor is a really nice woman

9. cale

cale PetForums Newbie

Hi Mark,
    Just tried to PM you with regards to an RSPCA campaign I'm running but was unable to send it as says you have no storage in your inbox.

In short we have a chance to protect racing greyhounds from an uncertain future through legislation but need thousands to send a letter to the Government by 22nd July so timings are really tight!

10. stigDarley

stigDarley PetForums Senior

Hi, I'm hoping this might encourage some more people to the Fun indoor Charity Dog show i'm organising on the 28th March 2010 @ Unit 8 Oyston Mill Preston PR1 8UR.

The Money raised will be going to the Preston RSPCA and the Doberman Welfare association. There 2 really good causes and i'm hoping to help raise alot of money for them!

As well as the Dog show there is going to be lots of freebies given away!

It will cost £1 per dog per class, With Rosettes given for 1st - 6th place. There will be other prizes to go with the Rosettes!

All first place winners will be placed in the best in show class for free.

The classes will include, Dog most like owner, best junior handler, waggiest tail, best fancy dress and many many more!

It's going to be a great family day out (please bring your own chairs :smile5: )

For full details please call Emma 01772 461024 or 07728014348 or email emma.darley@live.co.uk

Even if you can't make it to the show, please let as many of your friends know about it as possible!

11. Dirky47

Dirky47 Banned

That's good. When did you start this Charity deed?

12. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

13. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, I have already posted on the Dog Forum, so I hope you wont mind adding it here, A Rescue Centre which is close to me faces closure, because the local National Park Authority has decided in it's wisdom that the Rescue Centre needs planning permission to do what it's already doing! The Rescue Centre is asking for anyone who is concerned to e-mail The National Park Planning Dept to pledge their support for the Planning Application to be granted, please note this is not a request for money, but merely an e-mail, apparently the more positive e-mails received, the more favourably the application will be viewed, here is a link to the rescue centre where you can get more information :- Home - GREEN ACRES ANIMAL RESCUE , this centre rescues cats and kittens as well as dogs. I have no connection with Greenacres, I am just a concerned dog owner. wayne.

14. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

I am really excited about going to love pets show this weekend at the showground in Peterborough. I have heard it is really good i have never been before and we are taking the whole family as we are all animal mad. Is anyone else going to be there?

15. jack34

jack34 PetForums Newbie

Hi Mark

This is a my first post in this forum. As regarding news, today I was looking for a pet care accredition agency in London and luckely I found the best one that is dogs2mogs. You should visit their stie dogs2mogs.com

16. friesianlover

friesianlover PetForums Newbie

The Animal Tribune is an online Newspaper for Animal Lovers.

We are just starting out, with our first paper coming out this Sunday!
                                  ~The Animal Tribune~          - Home
    animal.freeforums.org • Index page

This newspaper will include:
    Pet of the Week (readers submissions)
    Animal of the Week
    Website of the Week
    Forum of the Week
    News articles
    Training Tips
    Advice collemn
    Facts
    Quotes
    Photo's submitted by readers
    stories submitted by readers
    drawing submitted by readers
    poems submittied by readers
    Book Reviews
    Movie Reviews
    Dog Food Reviews (Given by Pete the dog)
    and much much more!

P.S. I'm not sure if advertising other places is allowed here or if this is even the right spot to post this! If I've made a mistake feel free to currect me in the matter.

17. davidpete

davidpete PetForums Newbie

When I first time visited to pet shop at Feel Good UK, then I saw different pets . I really get surprised after watching them. They were beautiful. From them I like one beautiful rabbit's pet , it was amazing. I had never show this kind of pet in my life, But After some time it died. I never forget this incident.

18. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) has performed a massive U-turn and will now reinstate pet insurance for thousands of customers, after originally axing cover.

The 4,500 customers whose pets had a medical condition covered by Halifax or Lloyds TSB, both part of LBG, when the providers withdrew from the market will be offered new cover.

The new policy, Halifax Pet Cover, will cover an animal's pre-existing conditions, if protected on the original plan, plus any new problems that may occur.

19. Anniekd

Anniekd PetForums Newbie

To all pet owners who are out of the uk with thier pets or about to leave, please follow the link below to be informed about microchip failure in respect to the pet passport. One of our dogs microchips failed when we about to return to the uk after being in france working since may. Nightmare. We now have two weeks to go before we can return with our dogs. It's a 21 day wait after obtaining a new pet passport. We had no where to go, we couldn't just leave doofy at the port, there we were with two dogs, a mum pebbles and her baby doofy. It was such a drama. We ended up in a tent on a campsite, thankfully, to venue holidays we express our gratitude. Lucky for us we had the Internet and an iPad so we could at least communicate. Thankfully virbac paid for the new passport and a week later, paid for accommodation for us to stay with the dogs until the return date. We had no idea that this batch of microchips were failing. Our work contract finished, we were due home, and there we were with no where to go. Kennels were an option but separating the inseparable dogs was a horrifying thought. We didn't even have the cost of that upfront. Lucky for us that venue holidays rescued us and lucky for us we live 15 miles from a virbac office in the uk who our vet communicated with. I dread to think what would have happened if we had not of had help. So please be aware of the current issue with the 9000 batch.
    http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/pet-owners/microchips/

20. LaurenMacKinnonx

LaurenMacKinnonx PetForums Newbie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice