Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you have routines with your dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kinjilabs, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Maybe its just me but I have kept the same routine with my dogs for the last 30 odd yrs! same feeding routine, same walking routine(times) not walks, sometimes its a good thing but then the dogs get to know what time things are going to happen so I have to be here! and when the clocks go back or forward its mayhem lol

2. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

Well, my daily routine would vary as I work shift work, so my shifts are different most days, but there are little things that we have as routine. Just before Monty goes to bed at night, we tell him to do his business & he'll go & have a wee before he's let in for the night. Then he comes in & gets straight into bed coz he knows it's time for bed & his little treat! Same kind of thing in the morning when we get up- he's told to go out & do his business, then he goes out, has a wee & he either comes back into the house, or stays out if the weather is nice. Have to say though - sometimes I wonder who the routine is for, me or him!!! lol:blushing:

3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I usually walk Bailey around the same times every day and he always knows when, but I think that's the only thing. He adjusted to the clocks going forward and back really well though.
    x

4. rona

rona Guest

My routine varies dependant on the time of year, it probably changes about 4 times a year.

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Not really, my dogs routines vary from day to day :)

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yeah, I do. It's not a concrete routine, it does have a little stretch room in it (not dinner time when Dave is concerned!).

They are fed between 7.30 and 8. Walked a short walk at 9, and a medium walk at 2. Then dinner at 6 and a long walk at 7. A quick walk at 11 then bed.

The walks are varied, the activities between walks and meals are varied, and ocaasionally take them (one at a time) into town for a bit more variety.

They always have a good few hours of relaxing family time in the evening where both dogs have a chew or toy and lie all over the furniture or floor :)

x

7. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

I have a very structured routine Monday to Friday. Up and 6.30am feed the pugs then leave them in the kitchen whilst i get showed and ready for work.

Off to work at 7.30am with the dogs, walk. 12 noon toilet trip and walk then 5pm off home for dinner.

The dogs start running round the office at 4.45pm every day getting excited about home time. They know every stage of their day.

It certainly helps with toilet training as mine are totally aware of their toilet breaks and when the next one will be so perform!

Routine goes to pot at the weekend when we all like to laze around most of the weekend and have snoring competitions! :001_tt2:

8. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

nope i like to keep them on their toes.

9. Vicki

Vicki PetForums VIP

I have some routines. Since I don't work the same time every day I don't have any particular times for walking him. But although the times differ, I always take him for three shorter walks and one long (about one and a half hour). It also varies when I give him breakfast, depending on my work hours, but dinner is always at six. And he's sure to remind me should I forget :)

Lyle, my dog, also has a routine of his own as he goes to sleep at eleven every night.

10. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Kind of! Sammy gets fed about 8, 12.30 and then dinner at about 5.30. His walks are based around these times aswell, but apart from that no other routines. He goes to bed when we do :D

11. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Bailey is so in to his routine but that's because he was so hyper when we got him we had to set a routine for everyone's sanity as soon as possible!

he goes for a for a wee about 7ish then goes for a walk about 7:30am, then he comes back and does some training, breakfast about 8ish, then he goes back to his bed and dozes till anywhere between 11 and 12:30 depending on how tired he is, then he wants something to do so it's generally a filled bone which he does in in about 15 mins, then it's his Kong bone stuffed with some NatureDiet, takes about 10 mins for him, then he's bored so it's a case of constantly trying to entertain him until he goes for another walk about 1:30pm, then training then a wee play but he looks for his chew which he gets, lasts him about an hour-ish, then a wee nap then dinner at 5pm, a general fanny about till 6:30/7ish when he gets his car harness on and we drive to the beach, then we play footbal on the beach for about 30/40 mins, then home, more training and he passes out, straight to bed!

Man, I love him! :)

But in saying that, he's absoilutely fine with that all changing! :D

#11 HighlandQuine, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice