Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you ever get overly emotional with the tv?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Charleigh, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Charleigh

Charleigh PetForums VIP

I know this sounds silly but I LOVE tv I have sky + so I proper stack up lots of shows then sit straight for a few hours engrossed in the tv. I can cry at anything, adverts, I cried today at the John Lewis Christmas advert as it. Was so sweet, I cried at the national lottery adverts earlier this year, the older men going back to visit the war one was heart breaking I was sobbing every time it came on for weeks. The old go compare adverts made me really angry I threw something at the telly once, thank god it was only a cuddly toy. That new kids show Fred drives me mad (i leave cartoons on for my cats when i go out and sometimes thats on when i come back )And some films I just always cry in; a little bit of heaven, titanic when the older coupler are hugging in bed when they know they are going to die. Homeward bound when shadow doesn't come over the hill even though I've watched it a good 100+ times. Anything where an old man, child, or pet dies gets me. I cried when Dana died in the L word I literally mourned her death. When Zola got taken away from Meredith in greys Anatomy I cried the plane crash in greys anatomy was horrific. Does anyone else cry at the telly or get angry or even really happy I love all the Christians advert and films, I've cried in happiness at a film where this couple had all these problems then finally got married when they were like 70. I love watching telly probably too much, but it's great, I also get this problem with books, I've cried in many a book. I love any kind of story I think I get over emotional but oh we'll. Does anyone else have any particular films tv shows books or even songs that make them emotional?

2. K9Steve

K9Steve PetForums VIP

I can't say that I get overly emotional with the tv, but then I would be lying, because when I watch my favorite teams or player in the sports I like, I either get excited when my team or player is making a good play or scoring. Of course, I get mad when the opposite is true.

3. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

Honestly? Erm..no. Having said that, I don't really cry, I'm rather a tough cookie. I very rarely cry at films or TV, unless it's something unbelievably emotional, like Vera dying in Corrie, or Anie dragging himself out of a pool of lava in Revenge of the Sith :)sosp: I don't know, don't ask :rolleyes:).

4. kathateria

kathateria PetForums Member

i cry at the x factor:D

rylan is enough to bring anyone to tears

5. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

I do

I could quite happily stick a boot through the screen.....

6. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I used to get so emotional at the crap I was paying to watch so I rehomed the tv to a forever home

7. kathateria

Get a fish tank:D

8. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I did..........

9. kathateria

Very nice.i would love a marine,but too tight and lazy.i stick with malawi

10. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Malawi are nice, there's always something going on with them. Wish I still had mine

11. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

What do I miss?...

The Rag trade
    Never mind the quality feel the width
    On the Buses
    Love thy neighbor
    The Larkins (Peggy Mount and David Kossof, father to Free's Paul Kossof)
    Eric and Hattie

which we have now replaced with.....crap

12. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

The only emotion I associate with TV is boredom, & a frequent feeling of amazement at what utter banal tripe people will actually sit down & watch.

13. Rottiemama

Rottiemama PetForums Member

I'm a serial tv blubberer. Animal Planet is off limits in it's entirety, as are any documentaries /exposes/reports/current affairs shows on rhino poaching, dog fighting, Whale hunting and any other forms of animal abuse, neglect or cruelty.
    I just don't cope well at all, in fact I'm reduced to bouts of sobbing coupled with moments of absolute rage towards the perpetrators.

It's rather weird actually, as no human interest story has the same effect on me - ever. :confused:

The other thing that brings me to bouts of uncontrolled weeping:

Watching the Springboks lose (or the Stormers or WP in rugby) and the Proteas in cricket..... Go figure :rolleyes: Animals and sport make me cry.

14. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

I do!
    Certain films makes me cry every time, no matter how many times I have watched them!
    When I watch programmes on tv, I cry at sad things like break ups etc.. When Riley died on Hollyoaks I cried :lol:

I get emotional when I see other people crying on tv too :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice