Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you dogs watch telly?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lifeizsweet, Jul 11, 2009.

1. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Bramble is obsessed with the new Mc Donalds advert! When ever it comes on the telly he'll drop what he's doing and run to the telly to watch it. If we play it on the laptop he still runs to the telly and gets confused when he can't see it!

He also watches Jamie Oliver when he's on the telly.

Do your dogs watch telly?

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

oh god, I could write allllll night on this one!

Tiger, my Patterdale absoloutely loves TV! He's a proper couch potato LOL

His favourites are Foxy Bingo adverts.... Foxy is his idol, I think :laugh: we say to him "Where's Foxy?" and he runs around the living room jumping at the TV LOL

and those Harvey's Furniature adverts that sponsor Coronation Street.... there's one of them with a Bichon on it, and he goes to the telly whenever he sees one of those adverts in case the dog is on!

He likes those compare the market adverts too, with the meerkat.... and he likes Emmerdale cos there's lots of sheep on it LOL and all the Dog's Trust adverts... and that Toyota advert with all the different cars.... on one of them, an Airedale jumps into the back of a car and he's got that one sussed!

He used to be fascinated by Deal or No Deal too, but I think he's used to it now LOL

....and when football is on, he'll follow the ball around the screen LOL and like, when one of the players kicks the ball out of shot, he runs across the room to try and catch it LOL!!! it's hilarious watching him do that :laugh: :laugh:

....I could go on even more, he's bloody obsessed with the TV!

3. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Yes my dog watch the TV too

4. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

My dogs love the Dog Whisperer... they sit, lie down whatever he tells the dog on the screen to do.

5. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Harvey loves any TV program with dogs or ducks on! :D

6. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Bailey only really watches TV when he sees a dog on it, or when he finds someones voice really fascinating.

However, the collie cross I used to have use to try chase the ball when Wimbledon Tennis was on, was quite funny to watch.

7. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

bailey is a bit stupid when it comes to the tv. he will hear a dog bark on it, quickly look at the screen then run round the back of the telly looking for the dog.

hes only ever sat and watched the tv a couple of times, but really i think he was just in a trance staring in the general direction of the tv. hes not a tv dog.

my grans old dog used to howl along to the theme tune of coronation st, no other tv programme, just corrie!

8. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

We watched Martin Clunes one man and his dogs yesterday, they had wolves on there howling and bram was facinated, but then a singing dingo came on and he was terrified and went and hid!!

I've never seen a dog watch as much telly as Bram, he loves nickelodeon!

9. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Only if he hears dogs barking but most the time he looks out the window thinking it's coming from outside :rolleyes:

10. Stellabella

Stellabella PetForums Senior

Stella is a telly addict. She watches anything from the ads to the tennis to Corrie. She barks when there's something with legs, esp someone wearing black, or with a hat or she just decides not to like it! Sometimes she makes these wierd noises like she's trying not to make a sound but the urge is too strong so she's like barking with her mouth shut!! Today when Ice Age 2 was on she was constantly going 'mmmmwwwoooowooowooo'!

Other times she'll woof so loud it makes Louis jump and he thinks there must be someone at the door so he'll go off down the hall barking, she runs after him barking, then she'll come back all innocent like 'it wasn't me' and poor Louis is by this time in the front window wondering what the heck he's barking at.

Then she comes back to the tv till next time. Gotta say, she's far more entertaining than most of the programmes thats on!

11. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Bailey only looks at the TV if there's a dog barking on it, other than that he's not remotely interested.

I'm hoping this might change as he gets older as I watch a lot of TV! :D

12. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

My mum's dog Meg watches the tv & goes nuts if any animals come on - doesn't make foe easy viewing, but she is funny!! :)

13. kelly

kelly PetForums Member

Brody sometimes looks at the tv just to see what we're watching but if he hears knocking or a dog bark he will bark at the door thinking someone is there.

14. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Yeah my dogs do if certain programes come on.....and so does the cat..:D

15. eastcliff

eastcliff PetForums Newbie

Buddy loves fireworks so if he hears them on the tv he wags his tail, smiles and runs to the window and looks up in the sky looking round at me as though to say where are they then?

16. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

daisy likes watching the football (which oh is pleased about) and things with dogs in. Barks at the door if a doorbell goes off on the telly LOL

17. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Nope, but I wish they did, then I'd get some peace for that half hour a day I treat myself to a telly session!!

18. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

When Shen was younger he used to bark and growl at dogs that appeared on the tv. He doesn't do it anymore. Maybe he realised they weren't actually in the house.

However Charlie and Lola the kittens watch the tv.

19. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

:DRebel doesn't watch TV but it is funny when he hears dogs barking or cats meowing on the TV because he will get up and start looking all over the place to find out where it is coming from.

20. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Koda likes watching TV - especially a lotto scratchcard ad - with the sheepdog, that is on holiday with the poodle!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice