Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do you buy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by suewhite, Mar 29, 2011.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Do you buy fresh fruit and veg just heard that people aren't buying fruit as the price is to high so bang goes there five a day:rolleyes:

2. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Not very often to be honest because my kids would rather throw it at each other than eat it! Its a struggle to get them to eat anything decent! :(

3. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Yes!

But....

Only if i need it.
    I plan what were going to eat for the week each sunday..and then go buy what i need for that week. If its not in the recipe...i dont buy it.

I do agree that prices are extortionate.
    If i had a bigger freezer id be buying frozen veg.

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I buy loads of fresh fruit and veg, its the vast majority of what I eat, it isnt cheap but its cheaper than a takeaway or going out for a few drinks, and I bet a lot of people still find the money for that.

5. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

I do, it's helluva lot cheaper at our local market! Meat is the main problem moneywise...

6. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

My OH decided he was going to eat fruit so I loaded up the fruit bowl and there are 6 shriveled oranges, 6 wrinkled apples,5 browned off bananas sitting in there for the last week:rolleyes:

7. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Oh God yes, I snack on fruit constantly and hate when we have none in the house!

I think I could live off strawberries, cherries and grapes, so delish :D

I could get alot of crisps and chocolate for the same price but I have actually found when there isnt any fruit and I turn to junk food I dont feel as full or energised.

8. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I buy my fruit in Tesco,i think its better there than Asda.Hubby takes 2 bananas,an apple and a pear withhis packup every day.Most of my veg. i get from the farm shop its cheaper than the super markets.:D

9. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

I buy tons of fresh fruit and veg, its all my kids will eat and im quite happy with that :yesnod: It doesnt bother me that its getting quite expensive because i dont spend money on other things except for my normal household bills.

10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Nope!!

Occasionally OH will have a desire for some fruit and then I watch it go ickky because he doesn't eat it.

OH is also a fussy sod when it comes to food so the only veg that really gets room in our house is brussel sprouts. Fortunately, I have always liked them so it's not a problem. We usually have about 750g between us a night so our five a day is definitely covered. :thumbup:

Occasionally a cauliflower gets over the threshold but only if I promise to make the cheese sauce to go with it! :D

11. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

i but a lot of fruit an veg i get mine from morrisons always nice an fresh the stuff from are local fruit shop is always minging :eek:

12. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i buy loads of fruit and veg, i'm really lucky because my kids love fruit and veg.

13. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

I get my fruit and veg delivered for free every week off a local greengrocer, really nice stuff and loads cheaper than the supermarket, they delivered to me this morning at 7am :)

14. HelloKittyHannah

HelloKittyHannah PetForums VIP

I buy whatever is on offer each week. My kids love their fruit and veg :)

Can't wait to get my new chest freezer so I can keep frozen veg in to make it a bit cheaper (at the moment my freezer is the size of a shoebox :rolleyes: )

15. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Loads of fresh veg every week.

Fruit, there are always apples here but other than that I tend to pick up what is on offer that week. Raspberries 2 for £3 yummy with a pot of my yoghurt :D and the kids help themselves to the rest of whatever I buy, we fight over the grapes :rolleyes: and my dd loves melon.

I do buy tinned fruit as extra lunchbox fillers and for smoothies but only the fruit in their own juice not syrup.

16. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Sorta my mom buys veg trays with an assortment of veggies and we use whats in there. If we buy all the vegs separate we find we dont use it all and it goes bad.

When it comes to fruit I drink Orange Juice every day then when Im at work I have a fruit smoothie (made with real fruit and yogurt)

17. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

i buy grapes,bananas,apples,pears every week as a norm,
    but i do sometimes have some waste soooooooo
    ive been buying natures finest mango slices in juice.
    it comes in a plastic tub and is dated best before september.
    it comes in peaches,mandarins,pears or pineapple.
    and they are nice,really nice.no added sugar,no preservatives,no added color,no added flavourings and i have months to eat them :D:D:D
    and my louis likes them to so no waste :)

18. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i just buy frozen stuff to offset the price, better than 'fresh' unless i've picked it myself.

19. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Always buy fresh veg, do my own chips est, not a fruit lover so don't buy much.

20. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Not when I was at uni away from home, couldn't afford it. Apples and bananas weren't too bad but anything vaguely interesting like some mango or kiwi fruit was portioned in bags for like £1 :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice